CJohn

SUICIDE SQUAD WEEKEND THREAD | New REVISED SUNDAY NUMBER 134m FROM GURU ON PG 212 | 267.1M WW OW | Nine Lives 6.5 OW |No Spoilers Allowed!!! | ACCOUNT SALES THIS WEEKEND - see first post for details !!

Has this been posted?

2ND UPDATE, Friday, 12:18PM: We already know that Warner Bros.’ Suicide Squad is going to rank as the highest August opening ever at the domestic box office, but with a current 3-day projection of $140M-$145M, it’s bound to be the third best so far this year behind Captain America: Civil War ($179.1M) and Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice ($166M), and the second best this summer, behind Civil War. Today, Suicide Squad is looking to ring up $65M, including last night’s $20.5M previews.

Edited by kayumanggi

LETO IS PISSED HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

“Were there any that didn’t get cut? I’m asking you, were there any that didn’t get cut? There were so many scenes that got cut from the movie, I couldn’t even start,” he said. “If I die anytime soon, it’s probably likely that it’ll surface somewhere. That’s the good news about the death of an actor is all that stuff seems to come out.”

2 minutes ago, trifle said:

Yeah, but I resent the origin story with the Kents, too.  Still, that would make the stand alone later films less teeth-gritting.  Not sure it would win me over to this Superman, though.  I'd rather a straight reboot.  Which doesn't matter since I am certain WB won't give it to me for at least another movie generation.

He's going to be in Justice League, there won't be any straight reboot thankfully. He will be reborn essentially and the Superman the diehard fans love will be how he is from then on. Just hopefully not so corny. Or creepy, like floating outside Lois' window in Returns creepy. 

24 minutes ago, Tele the Jet Baller said:

Pa Kent felt his son should regularly let people die instead of saving them through his powers. And he told him this to his face! Putting aside the terrible guilt he's arbitrarily dumping on Clark, the movie pushed the "father's concern for his son" to such an extreme that Pa Kent comes across like some weird Randian uber-man. Hardly the decent and kind Kansas farmer he's supposed to be. 

In a microcosm, this is one of my general main issues with MOS (and Snyder) in general. He forces everything to such a black-and-white extreme that people cease to be characters and instead become a one-note symbol for one particular theme or aspect. 

I don't know I think through all those conversations it came across as Pa Kent being conflicted and he did tell Clark he was going to change the world just that the world wasn't ready yet.

-the David Ayer movie is bringing in more females than BvS, 42% to 31%.

-the combination of African American and Hispanic moviegoers made up a huge 41% of the audience with both audiences giving the film a whopping 81% positive score.

-The entire Suicide Squad cast was a major reason (at 34%) that people went to see the film, and as proof that Will Smith is still a massive summertime draw, 23% went because of him and 21% were compelled by the appearance of Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn. 

-And if you’re wondering about how those awful reviews factored into moviegoers’ decision to watch Suicide Squad, well, they’re having very little impact: only 4% said they were influenced by reviews to watch this latest DC feature adaptation.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CJohn said:

‘Suicide Squad’: Jared Leto Addresses How Many Joker Scenes Were Cut

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/suicide-squad-jared-leto-joker-scenes-cut-deleted-1201831587/

They cut them because they were probably as awful as the ones in the movie, Leto. :redcapes: 

I actually think he was great. And I also think there's something missing of his arc with Harley, and it's probably violence and abusive behavior towards her. I like this take on this film, but all this stuff is making me curious about an actual director's cut. More than I ever cared about a Snyder's director's cut. 

Suicide Squad is taking most of this weekend’s males hostage, so much so that Universal’s Jason Bourne is currently down 86% in matinees, which is translating to a -65% second weekend of $20.7M. That will get it over the $100M mark by Sunday.

Meanwhile, STX’s Bad Moms will best a -50% hold with a $13M-$14M second weekend. That’s no Bridemaids (their second weekend was -20%), but “in today’s market for that type of film, that’s a good hold,” says one rival distribution chief.

The weekend’s other new release, EuropaCorp’s Nine Lives doesn’t have family audience’s purring with an estimated $6M take.

http://deadline.com/2016/08/suicide-squad-weekend-box-office-opening-will-smith-margot-robbie-1201799046/

Edited by kayumanggi
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, kayumanggi said:

-the combination of African American and Hispanic moviegoers made up a huge 41% of the audience with both audiences giving the film a whopping 81% positive score.

-The entire Suicide Squad cast was a major reason (at 34%) that people went to see the film, and as proof that Will Smith is still a massive summertime draw, 23% went because of him and 21% were compelled by the appearance of Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn. 

-And if you’re wondering about how those awful reviews factored into moviegoers’ decision to watch Suicide Squad, well, they’re having very little impact: only 4% said they were influenced by reviews to watch this latest DC feature adaptation.

Hahahahahah, Smith is certainly not a "massive draw" if he was almost beat on that poll by an actress with zero prior draw power. :lol:

Just now, DealWithIt said:

He's going to be in Justice League, there won't be any straight reboot thankfully. He will be reborn essentially and the Superman the diehard fans love will be how he is from then on. Just hopefully not so corny. Or creepy, like floating outside Lois' window in Returns creepy. 

Returns was my least favorite Superman until MOS but at least I didn't think 'that is NOT Superman.'  We'll see if diehard Superman fans like the reborn Cavill Superman or not.  Being one, I can be won over, but it would be day and night to the prior one, and I'd still feel gypped of an origin story.  That's why I'd prefer a reboot.  As I said, I doubt I'll get one, but maybe they'll bring him back on TV and have another chance there.

• Like 1

• Community Manager
2 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Why is the last one bold? If anything it suggests that the people claiming that the bad reviews would convince more people to see the movie were wrong. Doesn't say anything about the people who decided not to see Suicide Squad because of the bad reviews.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, iJackSparrow said:

I actually think he was great. And I also think there's something missing of his arc with Harley, and it's probably violence and abusive behavior towards her. I like this take on this film, but all this stuff is making me curious about an actual director's cut. More than I ever cared about a Snyder's director's cut. 

If you go see the 3 trailers released this year, you will find TONS of scenes not in the movie. Plus I also remember a few pictures from the set that fit in the bold part in your post. 

25 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Simple. He didn't embrace being Superman in BvS. Sure, he saved people. Sure, he put the costume on. But he looked miserable. It looked like a burden rather than his calling.

When taken as two movies together, people have a problem.

That's because despite him saving the world many are calling for his head due to all the destruction Zod caused and then the other side is people worshipping him as a God which Superman doesn't want either.. he doesn't want to be viewed as Jesus.  I thought the team on this project captured exactly what would happen if someone like Superman did arrive in our world.

1 minute ago, Water Bottle said:

Why is the last one bold? If anything it suggests that the people claiming that the bad reviews would convince more people to see the movie were wrong. Doesn't say anything about the people who decided not to see Suicide Squad because of the bad reviews.

Run that poll then. Do you want them to go around and ask people on the street "hey, are you gonna see SS despite its bad reviews!?"

• Community Manager
3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Hahahahahah, Smith is certainly not a "massive draw" if he was almost beat on that poll by an actress with zero prior draw power. :lol:

Eh, he almost got beat by Harley Quinn, not by Margot Robbie. ;)

• Like 3