Ezen Baklattan

Weekend Thread | Estimates SS 43.7m, SP 33.6m, PD 21.5, JCIJB 13.6m, BM 11.45m, SLOP 8.8m, STD 6.8m, FFJ 6.58m

Just now, CJohn said:

I am not sure why people say the claws are out for Dr Strange. Seems pretty obvious that is gonna be fresh. Even Ant-Man is 80% fresh lol.

Have you read all these whitewashing thinkpieces? The knives are being sharpened

(But no talk about Cumber's trash accent still lol)

Let's see, what's going on in the numbers thread?  Hmm, are we talking about the big debut of SP?  Are we talking about the big but expected fall for SS?  How about the terrific holds by a lot of films.  How about that Pets is going to cruise by IO?  Bad Moms?  Lights Out might hit 75 mill?  Any of this?

No, it's the same bullshit over and over again.  Marvel vs DCU.  WTF guys, seriously.  This has to stop.  And it has to stop pretty much now.  

@Tele the Jet Baller and @Water Bottle and the rest of the mods have been through this time and time again with you.  This makes these threads unbearable and it makes a lot of you look ugly.  You want to spout of the same crap over and over, then do it in the DC vs Marvel thread.  It's got to stop here.  

I don't even know where the thread is but I'll find it.

• Like 3

Just now, Chewy said:

Have you read all these whitewashing thinkpieces? The knives are being sharpened

(But no talk about Cumber's trash accent still lol)

No I haven't. I feel like the Internet has been really silent about the whitewashing in Dr Strange compared to other movies. You are overreacting. 

Just now, Noctis said:

Are you fucking kidding me? You really think I won't flip out if the film is bad?!

Nah you and I both know it'll just mean they're fast-tracking their trilogy based on that play

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

Nah you and I both know it'll just mean they're fast-tracking their trilogy based on that play

They will make a trilogy for each of the Parts of the play lol. 

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

It s way too easy to trigger Noctis with Potter stuff.

:P

Criticism about Potter doesn't really annoy me at all anymore. 

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

Yes, Chewy, I'm glad you've accomplished the act of invading my mind and heart and somehow know that I won't flip out if FB is bad. 

Just now, The Futurist said:

Can't wait for the Twilight reboot and the Hunger Games spin-offs.

Hunger Games will get a prequel trilogy based on that line from the book where they talk about Haymitch's games. They will wait to see how Fantastic Beasts performs and if it retains most of the audience from the HP movies they will fast-track it. 

Twilight ended 4 years ago. I think they will wait a few more years and reboot it with a gender swap twist. 

Just now, alisson23 said:

Bad Moms is huge. It is Stx's hunger games on a lower scale.

It crossing $100M officially puts STX in the big leagues.

Even Lionsgate never got a taste of $100M with a non-documentary until The Expendables.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

I don't know, Dr Strange could really suffer from the Inception's whining argument like I am almost certain it will be featured in the RT consensus.

The copy-cat complain didn't hurt Avatar (Fern Gully, Pocahontas, Dances with Wolves, The Smurfs). 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Baumer loves Dory said:

Let's see, what's going on in the numbers thread?  Hmm, are we talking about the big debut of SP?  Are we talking about the big but expected fall for SS?  How about the terrific holds by a lot of films.  How about that Pets is going to cruise by IO?  Bad Moms?  Lights Out might hit 75 mill?  Any of this?

No, it's the same bullshit over and over again.  Marvel vs DCU.  WTF guys, seriously.  This has to stop.  And it has to stop pretty much now.  

@Tele the Jet Baller and @Water Bottle and the rest of the mods have been through this time and time again with you.  This makes these threads unbearable and it makes a lot of you look ugly.  You want to spout of the same crap over and over, then do it in the DC vs Marvel thread.  It's got to stop here.  

I don't even know where the thread is but I'll find it.

I agree that the DC vs Marvel war is ridiculous and painfully agonizing to read...but please don't be a hypocrite, baumer. You are guilty of doing it, too. You did it last weekend and this weekend, as well. 

• Like 1