Nova

Wednesday Numbers: SS $4.1M (Guru)

10 hours ago, Ocho said:

IO bored the hell out you??

Are you 5?

No.  Are you?  I think I'd have probably enjoyed it if I were only 5.

Now don't go blowing a gasket about this, you don't have to rip all your Joy and Riley posters off the wall because someone has a different opinion than you.  Someday you will learn that cartoons about girl teenage angst doesn't necessarily play well across all the different demographics.  There's a reason that IO was the only 2015 film in the top five that drew a majority FEMALE audience.  If you liked it great!  Maybe it changed your life or affected you on a deep personal level.  I don't feel the same.  I'd be just as happy or happier if I had skipped it altogether.

Edited by KGator
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, FilmBuff said:

Lmao, you must not be old enough to get it. Grow up a little bit.

Not everyone is going to like what is considered to be the general consensus.  He doesn't need to grow up at all, if he was bored by IO, who are you to tell him that he's immature for feeling as such?

• Like 1

Just now, KGator said:

No.  Are you?  I think I'd have probably enjoyed it if I were only 5.

Now don't go blowing a gasket about this, you don't have to rip all your Joy and Riley posters off the wall because someone has a different opinion than you.  Someday you will learn that cartoons about girl teenage angst doesn't necessarily play well across all the different demographics.  There's a reason that IO was the only 2015 film in the top five that drew a majority FEMALE audience.  If you liked it great!  Maybe it changed your life or affected you on a deep personal level.  I don't feel the same.  I'd be just as happy or happier if I had skipped it altogether.

Exactly.  Well said.  Don't ever apologize to those who tell you that you are wrong for liking or disliking a film.

• Like 1

I was honestly not completely floored by Inside Out. It was a fantastic movie and easily Pixar's best since TS3, but for me it didn't quite reach the heights of Up, WALL-E or Nemo. But nobody should be ashamed about liking a movie others don't or vice versa. That's the beauty about movies (and any form of art, really). It's all subjective.

55 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

True. But i got another theory why Pixar-fans gets negatively sensitive about other non-Pixar films.

They just don't want other films to succeed better than the Pixar films.....in terms of box office. Not just Illumination as a competitive animated opponent....but Bluesky & Dreamworks as well. (Granted as a Pixar-fan....unlike the others.....i don't have a problem with other animated studios to compete with Pixar).

There was a time between Pixar & Dreamworks in the 2000's..(add in Bluesky as an extra challenger for Pixar). Dreamworks was starting to dominate with the Shrek-films. Starting with the first Shrek....which made $267M DOM & $484M WW. (Biggest non-Disney/Pixar-film at the time.) And then one year later...Bluesky started similarly with their first film, Ice Age....which also was another big hit (Not as big as Shrek...but still made $176M DOM & $383M WW).

After that....both Dreamworks & Bluesky wanted to make more originals & even sequels to their films. And then around from the mid to late 2000's.....a lot of other animated studios also tried to compete with Pixar/Dreamworks at their own game. Like Sony, Warmer Bros..etc.

And now that we got Illumination...starting off successfully with the DM-movies....Pixar has a new opponent to compete with.

And again......i have no problem with other animated films doing better than Pixar.

1. I'm not a Pixar fanboy; I haven't even seen 4 of their movies.

2. This has nothing to do with Pixar vs Other Studios. If I actually liked Illumination I would be rooting for them, but I don't and am baffled at how big they are.

47 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

About $70k too high and about $100k too low I think.  

Wow, if SS only had made 2.97 million on Thursday, that would have been quite low. However, I was wrong about that number. 

EDIT: Thanks to the user Nova, I noticed my mistake. So, it would be at 3.6 million and not 2,97. So, it's fine.

Edited by Blaze Heatnix

3 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Wow, if SS only made 2.97 million on Thursday, that's quite low. Let's hope it recovers for the weekend.

I'm pretty sure SS number is a flat $3.6M and not $3.67M. He said 70K too high not 700K lol 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Ops!!! My bad, lol. :)

I have to put my glasses now. XD

Thanks for that. However, number is still low regardless, I think. 

Haha yea if it did $2.97M that would be horrendous. 

But it's a 12-13% drop. Which is perfectly fine. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

1. I'm not a Pixar fanboy; I haven't even seen 4 of their movies.

2. This has nothing to do with Pixar vs Other Studios. If I actually liked Illumination I would be rooting for them, but I don't and am baffled at how big they are.

Because you clearly don't understand why the Illumination-films do the kind of huge business they do, lol. :lol:

At least MinaTakla does. Ask him about why the films do so well. :P

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34