Fullbuster

The Mandalorian | March 2023 for S3

3 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

@Porthos

Assuming Sabine shows up what are the odds of seeing Ursa and Sabine's dad (don't remember name) dramatically die in a flashback to Gideon wrecking Mandalore?

Hmmm, possible.  But it would depend I think on how much of a spotlight Sabine (who I was alluding to earlier) gets as well as just where Gideon is on his personal character arc.  For all we know, Gideon might be one-and-done in the season premiere.

The show does like its use of flashbacks, but they do seem to been to serve the character as opposed to something more Just Because.  Take the flashback to IG-11 being trained by Kuiil. I tend to think those characrters "earned" a flashback within the context of the show.  Same, obv, for all of the flashbacks that Mando gets.

I could see it in context of a Gideon flashback or commenting on him.  If it was just Sabine pops up, tells her sad story, and we see part of it in flashback form? Probably not as much.

• Like 2

And, yes, there are rumors about Sabine popping up.

Makes me wonder if they'll go ahead and just cast Tiya Sircar for the role.  She's got a good television resume (and then some) so that isn't a problem.  Be interesting to see if she does land the role, if Sabine does indeed pop up at some point.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Hmmm, possible.  But it would depend I think on how much of a spotlight Sabine (who I was alluding to earlier) gets as well as just where Gideon is on his personal character arc.  For all we know, Gideon might be one-and-done in the season premiere.

The show does like its use of flashbacks, but they do seem to been to serve the character as opposed to something more Just Because.  Take the flashback to IG-11 being trained by Kuiil. I tend to think those characrters "earned" a flashback within the context of the show.  Same, obv, for all of the flashbacks that Mando gets.

I could see it in context of a Gideon flashback or commenting on him.  If it was just Sabine pops up, tells her sad story, and we see part of it in flashback form? Probably not as much.

All that setup for one episode? That would be a waste. I saw Gideon as being a longer-term villain for the show, at the very least for all of season 2.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Knights of Ren said:

Didn’t initially they say we would get First Order origins with this show?  Would be interesting to see that unfold eventually although it may be later seasons.  

I apologize if this makes me sound overtly cynical, but do people even still care about any of the stuff related to the ST at this point? 

3 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I apologize if this makes me sound overtly cynical, but do people even still care about any of the stuff related to the ST at this point? 

I don’t have much interest, but they said it was happening so I was just curious if they were gonna follow up on it.  Considering the completely left the First Order out of the last half of TROS, I don’t really care about them anymore.  I still think though for this show they could implement some interesting concepts about it getting started and trying to rebuild the empire 

26 minutes ago, Knights of Ren said:

Didn’t initially they say we would get First Order origins with this show?  Would be interesting to see that unfold eventually although it may be later seasons.  

I think at most there may be some references to some shady stuff out beyond the Outer Rim in terms of ex-Imperials vanishing or something about Gideon having a superior. I have to imagine that the ultimate reason Baby Yoda is wanted is tied into some First Order stuff.

• Like 2

They will mine FO and the era between OT and ST that is tied in with ST because they invested way too much. Aren't their 2 theme parks ST related? So yeah, they'll definitely try to make ST interesting. Resistance cartoon wasn't because they picked the most uninteresting segment of ST (resistance 💤) but I fully expect that we'll see young Rey in the future. Character X from show X will turn out to have been Rey's mentor on Jakku or something. 

18 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Err... Yes?

Please don't tell me we're going back to the bad old days of the loud echo chamber doesn't like the prequels no one cares about the prequel era.

Spoiler

Yes, yes.  I know.  SW fandom never left those days.  Hush. :lol: 

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Knights of Ren said:

My guess is that will be few tie-ins and hints here and there. Seems a little early for the First Order to be too powerful yet.

Edited by Menor
  • Like 1

Just now, Porthos said:

Err... Yes?

Please don't tell me we're going back to the bad old days of The loud echo chamber doesn't like the prequels does anyone care about the prequel era at this point?

Hide contents

Yes, yes.  I know.  SW fandom never left those days.  Hush. :lol: 

It just seems to me like it’d be a waste of time to give focus on stuff related to the ST. The PT at least felt distinct enough from the OT to justify something like TCW. Plus, they were prequels, so regardless of whether or not someone liked them, they still provided some relevant backstory for the OT

It isn't a waste of time. if anything, ST should've had that stuff in it to begin with. There's a lot of interesting stuff that they could cover on shows - FO origin, Luke and his trainees, New Republic political situation, Unknown Regions, Palpatine survivial. They could improve on ST. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

Just now, WittyUsername said:

It just seems to me like it’d be a waste of time to give focus on stuff related to the ST. The PT at least felt distinct enough from the OT to justify something like TCW. Plus, they were prequels, so regardless of whether or not someone liked them, they still provided some relevant backstory for the OT

Believe it or not, there are a lot of people who really and truly are invested in the sequel era and love it on its own terms.

There are plenty of rich storytelling opportunities there just waiting to be mined.

But this isn't the thread for such conversations so I'll leave my comments as read. :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

It isn't a waste of time. if anything, ST should've had that stuff in it to begin with. There's a lot of interesting stuff that they could cover on shows - FO origin, Luke and his trainees, New Republic political situation, Unknown Regions, Palpatine survivial. They could improve on ST. 

Idk, I think the FO is relatively pointless now since it was apparently only a distraction for the Final Order, or something. I would rather this show not get derailed by trying to delve too deeply into its origins. But I highly doubt that will happen.

Edited by Menor

7 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Hasn’t it already been established that the Palpatine we saw in TRoS was a clone? 

8 minutes ago, Menor said:

Idk, I think the FO is relatively pointless now since it was apparently only a distraction for the Final Order, or something. I would rather this show not get derailed by trying to delve too deeply into its origins. But I highly doubt that will happen.

Oh I don't think they will delve deep. perhaps an animated show one day but live action certianly won't. The most I expect is that we'll find out that some Empire officers are fleeing to UR or perhaps some returned from UR to get more aboard and some little info about that it's either FO or FO2 (aka Final Order). 

@WittyUsername Palaptine being a clone is established in a novel that nobody read and therefore strong canon such as shows and movies can act like it doesn't exist. so they could override it. I mean, TROS overrode some TLJ canon so novel shouldn't be a problem. 

Edited by Valonqar

5 hours ago, Porthos said:

And, yes, there are rumors about Sabine popping up.

Makes me wonder if they'll go ahead and just cast Tiya Sircar for the role.  She's got a good television resume (and then some) so that isn't a problem.  Be interesting to see if she does land the role, if Sabine does indeed pop up at some point.

They should especially if Sabine doesn't take off her helmet when she's onscreen. But I think she could pull of the live action version even when having to actually see her (a shame that really the only one who can't atm is Ashley Eckstein).

1 minute ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

They should especially if Sabine doesn't take off her helmet when she's onscreen. But I think she could pull of the live action version even when having to actually see her (a shame that really the only one who can't atm is Ashley Eckstein).

Welll, Eckstein did get her start on Live TV, but she hasn't done much at all in front of the camera since 2006, so even without the persistent all-but-confirmed rumors, it'd almost certainly be a non-starter.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

At the very least, meeting Sabine and Bo-Katan will finally give us the answer as to why the helmet rule is a thing in this show.

Edited by Menor