Fullbuster

The Mandalorian | March 2023 for S3

It makes sense that he will play (spoilers in tags and not just about his character):

Boba - Ming Na is back and who else would they tease like that but Boba

Rex - S2 will also serve as an intro to live action Ahsoka so Rex should be with her. Not a bad way to connect Mandoverse with TCW.

Another rumor has it that Sabrine Wren is also in S2. If that's true, than it looks like Ahsoka show might have Sabrine and Rex at least. Possibly Ezra if they search for him as the plot for Ahsoka show.

59 minutes ago, Jamiem said:

Disney CEO Bob Chapek on CNBC talking about Mando Season 2 around the 10 minute mark of this video “there will be no delay on Mandalorian” 

Overall true.  Does mean there can't be/won't be pickups and reshoots though.  ADR work should still theoretically be able to be done though.

It's the pickup angle which I would be more concerned about, at least from a production standpoint.  There are always things that folks spot in post that they want touched up/worked on and for shows like Mandalorian it won't happen.

Probably.

Also probably something around the edges and something we won't notice all that much.  But it's still something I am 100 percent sure the production crew wishes it had.

• Like 3

Given how rumors are circulating, I would not at all be surprised if Bo Katan, Rex, Ahsoka and <OTHER RUMORED CHARACTER> are all in the same episode and only that one episode.

Three guesses as to the writer/director of said episode, first two don't count. :ph34r:

(Think Boba Fett might be in a different one with the way things are taking shape)

• Like 3

Just now, Porthos said:

Given how rumors are circulating, I would not at all be surprised if Bo Katan, Rex, Ahsoka and are all in the same episode and only that one episode.

Three guesses as to the writer/director of said episode, first two don't count. :ph34r:

(Think Boba Fett might be in a different one with the way things are taking shape)

So I don't think this is necessarily a TCW-ification of Mandarlorian as more having certain episodes touch upon fairly obvious lingering questions/stories.

There is an obvious Bo Katan (last person we knew to have the Darksaber) story here waiting to be touched upon.  Once Bo Katan comes in, then there is a very likely next character in the chain.  And once that character pops up, the Ahsoka/Rex tag team becomes fairly likely as well.

Do see it stopping there though.  For now at least.

• Like 5

This is all idle speculation but since Mando has been told to give Baby Yoda to his tribe, it does raise Ahsoka as a potential next guardian of Baby Yoda by season's end.

Which would cause Baby Yoda to transition from Mando to a potential live action Ahsoka show. If that is how Lucasfilm intends for things to go.

• Like 2

Let’s keep on shrinking the universe... hopefully they are just in one episode as has been speculated.  

Edit:  I feel I am coming across as overly negative.  This could be a great thing, I just don’t want the shine being taken away from our main character, and also would prefer to meet some new characters along the way like in S1. 

Edited by Knights of Ren

42 minutes ago, Knights of Ren said:

Let’s keep on shrinking the universe... hopefully they are just in one episode as has been speculated.  

Edit:  I feel I am coming across as overly negative.  This could be a great thing, I just don’t want the shine being taken away from our main character, and also would prefer to meet some new characters along the way like in S1. 

Problem is, if there is a show that has a central plot premise that revolved around Mandalorian culture, some of these threads are going to be plucked.  It's not shrinking the universe as it was already part of the universe from the very first episode (Mando Culture as seen in this show is really different from what we had seen before).

The moment that Mandalore itself got more importance and especially the moment the Darksaber entered the picture... Well, dominoes fall.

---

Now I get your concern, I really do.  But look at the actual episodes of S1.  They weren't at all shy to keep some things bottled while always, always, keeping the central focus on the Mando/Baby Yoda story.  Even when familiar concepts crept in, the focus was on how it affected Mando/Baby Yoda.

And, really, outside of, you know, one of the central premises of the show, just how much "old stuff" really crept into the show on S1?  Tatooine?  The Darksaber?  Can we really call New Republic happenings "old stuff"?

So why wouldn't this continue into S2?  Why wouldn't there still be more new things?

To be blunt, have Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni earned, if not your trust, then at least the benefit of the doubt?  And if they have, what's the worry?  The fact that the entertainment press is only commenting on these rumors and not "new things"?

Well, that's the press for you.  Chasing after shiny clickbait. :lol: 

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2

Concerns about overloading this season with familiar faces are valid. But at the same time I feel there's a justification for each of these characters appearing except maybe Rex. Ultimately just about execution as always.

Plus should hopefully address some of the criticisms of S1 being a bit meandering in the middle episodes. 

Essentially this show is following the template Rebels did with S1 being self contained and then the show connected with the wider universe later. Rebels never lost focus on the main cast so I believe the same will happen here.

• Like 3

It depends on what universe connection they want to  do. For example, now they are connecting TCW with OT era show (well, few years or so after ROTJ) but it seems to me that they are still avoiding to connect to recent movies specifically ST. And era between OT and ST needs some explaining which would greatly help ST. I'm not saying that won't be on the agenda but right now it seems that they are washing their hands of it even though ST needs to build some goodwill via animated show (how PT built it back) and/or D+ show. 

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

It depends on what universe connection they want to  do. For example, now they are connecting TCW with OT era show (well, few years or so after ROTJ) but it seems to me that they are still avoiding to connect to recent movies specifically ST. And era between OT and ST needs some explaining which would greatly help ST. I'm not saying that won't be on the agenda but right now it seems that they are washing their hands of it even though ST needs to build some goodwill via animated show (how PT built it back) and/or D+ show. 

They tried to build some backstory with Resistance but that show didn’t seem to catch on with either kids or Star Wars fans. It was fine and had some decent cameos and world building but I agree they need more. I imagine in a few years they will go back and expand the Sequel era (if they don’t time jump in Mando before then) with some new shows. 

33 minutes ago, Jamiem said:

They tried to build some backstory with Resistance but that show didn’t seem to catch on with either kids or Star Wars fans. It was fine and had some decent cameos and world building but I agree they need more. I imagine in a few years they will go back and expand the Sequel era (if they don’t time jump in Mando before then) with some new shows. 

That's because Resistance period is dull. It's how New Republic went to shit and how FO came to be that are interesting in theory. Plus Luke and his students. 

Agreed that they'll expand the Sequel era with some of the new shows. 

As for Mando additions, Bo Katan won't be a regular for practical reasons - Katee Sackoff has her own TV show so she won't be a regular on both. That leaves Temuera Morrison to have larger presence and Dawson is likely getting Ahsoka show. I think that Sabine Wren casting is going to be interesting cause that's a character they would like to use a lot. She's a big player in both Ahsoka story and Mandalore one.