Fullbuster

The Mandalorian | March 2023 for S3

16 minutes ago, Marek the Jedi said:

yes I agree, if anybody have any other option, table, different numbers... put links here....

if there is any other better system, I will be more than happy to check it.....

till then, I am happy with these....

Yeah, there isn’t really anything else. It’s all wild guesswork, frankly, outside of numbers actually released by the companies themselves. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Plain Old Tele said:

Yeah, there isn’t really anything else. It’s all wild guesswork, frankly, outside of numbers actually released by the companies themselves. 

https://www.parrotanalytics.com/

I think it's interesting...., maybe they are on the right path.... not sure that they are getting data directly from companies...
it's comparable with box office, if some numbers are very off, I am sure competition will say something about it, right? hmm

7 minutes ago, Marek the Jedi said:

it's comparable with box office, if some numbers are very off, I am sure competition will say something about it, right? hmm

Not really, because not of lot of people care about these numbers. It looks like clickbait to promote their company. Nothing wrong with trying to measure Internet buzz, but to present their ranking as a measure of "audience" is misleading at best.

If Nielsen started to give weird ranking of TV shows audience based on dubious methods, then networks and advertisers would complain because they do care about those.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrGlass2 said:

Not really, because not of lot of people care about these numbers. It looks like clickbait to promote their company. Nothing wrong with trying to measure Internet buzz, but to present their ranking as a measure of "audience" is misleading at best.

If Nielsen started to give weird ranking of TV shows audience based on dubious methods, then networks and advertisers would complain because they do care about those.

well I see more and more pages who use their numbers....
probably best, is to wait and see ;) 
Marek

and sorry for off topic post :(

I just read this: Business Insider reports :) so maybe there is some weight in Parrot Analytics hmm, and it's on IGN page....

"As Business Insider reports, per data company Parrot Analytics, The Witcher passed Disney Plus' Star Wars: The Mandalorian as "the top show in the world the week of December 22 to December 28."

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/12/30/the-witcher-is-one-of-the-most-in-demand-streaming-shows-in-the-us?sf115050183=1&fbclid=IwAR33LRmGwf8yz-htFGySDYOSR0p8dBRgbb62OMa42pMUeDDQ9isY0MQMjHE

22 minutes ago, Marek the Jedi said:

and sorry for off topic post :(

I just read this: Business Insider reports :) so maybe there is some weight in Parrot Analytics hmm, and it's on IGN page....

And maybe ScreenRant will quote that Business Insider report and also Polygon and Metro... Like I said it is clickbait-friendly, and it looks like the clickbait is working. The other day there was a wave of articles praising The Witcher for its high IMDb rating... That doesn't mean IMDb ratings are a great way to measure success either.

There is certainly a lot of interest in knowing which TV shows are popular, and it is difficult to know for streaming services. So there is a demand for something like the Parrot ranking, especially in nerdy circles. But to me it is no different from using GoogleTrends or IMDb 'Most Popular' lists. It gives an idea of the buzz, but is almost useless to establish viewership in hard numbers.

Anyway this is off-topic like you said. The Mandalorian is a success for Disney+, that is all we can say. Hopefully Parrot will improve their methodology in the future (their ranking is just weird like Game of Thrones being so high, months after its finale; or The Flash being the lone network series on the list), and we can continue this conversation somewhere else.

Edited by MrGlass2

There are no available numbers at all and so people try to manufacture them, *especially* since they can leverage that into a product. But it’s not really in Amazon’s or Netflix’s interest to comment on them.

IMO, it’s better to just look at these as social media numbers (and perhaps to an extent awareness numbers). But there’s no equation between that and people actually watching. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Plain Old Tele said:

There are no available numbers at all and so people try to manufacture them, *especially* since they can leverage that into a product. But it’s not really in Amazon’s or Netflix’s interest to comment on them.

IMO, it’s better to just look at these as social media numbers (and perhaps to an extent awareness numbers). But there’s no equation between that and people actually watching. 

yeah, it could be exactly as you said....

but still, I dont believe that they are getting those numbers from air, and that all those numbers are fabricated or fake....

ending this :) sorry for several off topic posts...

I will be closely watching those numbers, as I am box office fan almost 30 years :D
anyway, thanx for all who participated!

Marek

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

I think it's fair enough if the average person didn't know about the Jedi but Mandalorians should know all about them being the sworn enemy. 

Palpatine's main thing wasn't eradicating the existance of the Jedi as much as character assassinating them. 

"The sworn enemy" aeons ago. There is little reason why someone who grew up post extinction of the Jedi should know much about them at all. There were no Jedi left, and hardly any Mandalorians, and those who were still alive were mostly in hiding. Add to that that this Mando was adopted and some point and not a born Mandalorian, and that bounty hunters mostly operate on the fringes, where there is no real rule of law. Hardly the place you would run into many Jedi. Nor the place where people would randomly talk about them for no good reason at all (this isn't the old Republic anymore).

Not to mention that having heard of the Jedi still isn't remotely the same as having any ideas of what they were capable of. Again, if a leading military member of the Empire doesn't know about the Jedi at all, why would a random Mandalorian be supposed to know about them?

The galaxy is a huge place, it is very likely that the majority of beings in the galaxy has never met or heard of Jedi. And this remains true for those who travel between worlds as well.

Edited by George Parr
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, George Parr said:

"The sworn enemy" aeons ago. There is little reason why someone who grew up post extinction of the Jedi should know much about them at all. There were no Jedi left, and hardly any Mandalorians, and those who were still alive were mostly in hiding. Add to that that this Mando was adopted and some point and not a born Mandalorian, and that bounty hunters mostly operate on the fringes, where there is no real rule of law. Hardly the place you would run into many Jedi. Nor the place where people would randomly talk about them for no good reason at all (this isn't the old Republic anymore).

Not to mention that having heard of the Jedi still isn't remotely the same as having any ideas of what they were capable of. Again, if a leading military member of the Empire doesn't know about the Jedi at all, why would a random Mandalorian be supposed to know about them?

The galaxy is a huge place, it is very likely that the majority of beings in the galaxy has never met or heard of Jedi. And this remains true for those who travel between worlds as well.

So under this assumption

I assume Wookiepedia does not exist in the Star Wars Universe. 

On 12/27/2019 at 5:31 AM, Porthos said:

6r27os4j55741.jpg?width=320&auto=webp&s=

(from r/TheMandalorianTV - made me laugh :lol:)

(click on it to make it more legible)

It's funny that the internet decided that those two Scout Troopers needed to die because they hit Baby Yoda (me too of course), and yet everyone has mostly overlooked the fact that they killed Kuiil.

just for fun to talk about something :)  new data ;) 
if not, admin can delete it anytime! :) I will survive

https://www.parrotanalytics.com/insights/the-most-wanted-television-in-the-u-s-across-all-platforms-29-december-2019-04-january-2020/

The most wanted television in the U.S. across all platforms. (29 December, 2019 – 04 January 2020)

Moving to individual shows, our first series to be America’s most wanted television show in 2020 is The Mandalorian from Disney+. Demand for the sci-fi western rose 23% compared to last week. The increase is due to this being the first full week since the series finale on 27th December. Additionally, showrunner Jon Favreau confirmed this week that Season 2 of The Mandalorian will arrive in late 2020.

This week’s second most wanted television series is last week’s top title, Netflix’s The Witcher. The fantasy drama just eclipsed The Mandorian last week to become the 2019’s final show to attain ‘US’s most demanded television series’ status. However, a small 4% uptick in demand for The Witcher this week wasn’t enough to prevent a finale-powered The Mandolorian surging past.

Overall.jpg

On 12/31/2019 at 7:32 PM, lilmac said:

Episode 8 (finale) was one of the best season ending episodes in many years. Loved IG-11 especially. The actions scene was amazing. Looking forward to more of Taiki Waititi's work in the Star Wars world.

Sucks that IG-11 is now gone for good. First we lost Kuiil and now him. Most badass droid ever. Waititi directed the shit out of the finale but my favorite part outside of IG-11 action were 2 storm troopers at the beginning. 

The show is light on plot but characters are engaging and really care for each other. Moff Gideon is a promising villain. Looking forwatd to the next season. wanted to skip this show entirely but baby Yeed intrigued me and then the whole thing grew on me. Glad it isn't Mad Max-like gritty show they advertised (in order to hide Yeed surprise). He's the most adorable. Obviously wouldn't exist without Baby Groot. 

• Thanks 1