kayumanggi

THE ANGRY BIRDS II | Aug 16 19 | Sony

Got a deal...bought the Tuesday night tickets:)...

$5 off 2 tickets on Fandango (ANGRYBIRDS2)...limited to 1st 10000 uses...got me tickets for $4.45/each...not quite as low as I wanted, but low enough that I'm buying while the deal is good:)...now, my son's "August" movie is decided!

Edited by TwoMisfits

6 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Got a deal...bought the Tuesday night tickets:)...

$5 off 2 tickets on Fandango (ANGRYBIRDS2)...limited to 1st 10000 uses...got me tickets for $4.45/each...not quite as low as I wanted, but low enough that I'm buying while the deal is good:)...now, my son's "August" movie is decided!

Nice. :) Sounds like it won't be too bad of a movie to go to either.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Neucentro said:

WHY?  No one knows this and it's 4 days away?  Do they want cheap Tuesday overflow from sell outs?  I mean, that's actually not that bad an idea, since my cheap-o does not discount the opener, but will everything else...and everything else will sell out...

On 8/8/2019 at 3:44 PM, TwoMisfits said:

WHY?  No one knows this and it's 4 days away?  Do they want cheap Tuesday overflow from sell outs?  I mean, that's actually not that bad an idea, since my cheap-o does not discount the opener, but will everything else...and everything else will sell out...

Yeah, Sony may be seeing the rise in Tuesday grosses like we are and thinking it's a better date than Wednesday, especially when it's a kids/family movie and we're in summer. 

You think this might become the new norm (aka non-Friday releases being released on Tuesday instead of Wednesday)?

7 hours ago, JB33 said:

Yeah, Sony may be seeing the rise in Tuesday grosses like we are and thinking it's a better date than Wednesday, especially when it's a kids/family movie and we're in summer. 

You think this might become the new norm (aka non-Friday releases being released on Tuesday instead of Wednesday)?

I dunno...I also think BTS's engagement might have only been for the weekend, so there were last-minute showings to be had:)...

And Angry Birds had that early Saturday open already...moving to full day Tuesday vs previews might mitigate how low those previews would have been, since the early rushers saw it and the not early rushers would be taking a fill of cheap Dora if they see everything family...

Plus a lot of schools start next Thursday, so not the best plan to open the day before - no time for "last hurrah" since parents tend to be in wild back-to-school prep:)...

• Like 1

Who called this kind of early reception for The Angry Birds Movie 2?? Obviously could still go way down but....not bad. Really curious to see if it translates to a mid-level late summer hit at the box office.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JB33 said:

So @TwoMisfits what's the verdict? Have you and the family seen it yet?

Yeah, I had my review in the Tuesday thread:).  Biggest audience applause of any movie I saw this summer...go figure:).

My boys and younger teen girl LOVED it...older teen girl and I liked it...Dad gave it a C (which beat Pikachu's F - he's being tough on summer movies).  It's reminiscent of the Hangover...paper thin plot explainable in 2 lines with laugh out loud funny jokes and scenes (even some for adults...and a ton for kids), particularly in the 2nd half.  It's very slow to get going, but once it does, it takes off, and it chose to be a straight comedy in animated form:)...

PS - And like any comedy, best to see with a receptive crowd...I have a feeling it won't be quite as good alone in the quiet of one's own home:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Thanks 1

Kinda annoyed with this movie. Had some legit good bits that had me belly laughing. Good writing, good physical comedy, but these good jokes would be followed up by the lowest brow humour I've ever seen that was just completely unfunny and unnecessary. It was as if the writers were like "okay, let's get some good jokes for the adults in here. The kids? Oh, they won't care, just put some fart gag, they're dumb enough to find it funny"

Sorta felt like a direct to TV sequel overall.

4 hours ago, DAJK said:

Kinda annoyed with this movie. Had some legit good bits that had me belly laughing. Good writing, good physical comedy, but these good jokes would be followed up by the lowest brow humour I've ever seen that was just completely unfunny and unnecessary. It was as if the writers were like "okay, let's get some good jokes for the adults in here. The kids? Oh, they won't care, just put some fart gag, they're dumb enough to find it funny"

TBF, kids do find that funny......always.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2019 at 11:35 AM, DAJK said:

The box office hasn't really matched the surprisingly solid reviews. Feels like maybe adults have enjoyed it more than the kids.

• Like 1