Gopher

The Official Box Office Theory's Favorite Movies of 2010 List!

What do you think is lacking?

Films like The Ghost Writer, Four Lions, A Prophet, Animal Kingdom, Scott Pilgrim, most of the major documentaries, etc, barely featured on lists, and I'd chalk that up to a failure to even see them.One thing people did do right was give lots of support to 127 Hours. Edited by 4815162342

Films like The Ghost Writer, Four Lions, A Prophet, Animal Kingdom, Scott Pilgrim, most of the major documentaries, etc, barely featured on lists, and I'd chalk that up to a failure to even see them.One thing people did do right was give lots of support to 127 Hours.

Animal Kingdom was decent, not great. Scott Pilgrim was forgettable aside from its visual style. 127 Hours is a strong film, but after watching it a second time a couple of months ago, the parts where he becomes demented and has these visions detracted from the film. Still a grueling experience.

I can't wait to do 2007! There Will Be Blood, Zodiac, Before the Devil Knows You're Dead, No Country, michael Clayton, Jesse James, Bourne Ultimatum, Sweeney Todd, etc. That was a crazy good year, it'll be hard for me to figure out what order to put the top 10 in.

TWBB FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Films like The Ghost Writer, Four Lions, A Prophet, Animal Kingdom, Scott Pilgrim, most of the major documentaries, etc, barely featured on lists, and I'd chalk that up to a failure to even see them.One thing people did do right was give lots of support to 127 Hours.

Oh, right. I had Ghost Writer, Prophet, and Inside Job on my list. Didn't see those other ones though.

3. Toy Story 3 (163 points, 16 lists)

Posted Image

Wrapping up one of the strongest cinematic trilogies ever, Toy Story 3 is a hilarious escape movie, and a haunting tale of abandonment and moving on. It capped a series of Pixar films- Ratatouille, WALL-E, Up, and then TS3- that are some of the best animated films ever made. So we sort of had Cars 2 coming.

1. THE SOCIAL NETWORK (181 points, 15 lists)

Posted Image

In the summer of 2009, when David Fincher announced he was going to direct Aaron Sorkin's adaptation of a book about Facebook, the internet collectively groaned. Critics wound up hailing the movie as the second coming, and they weren't far from the truth. The Social Network can be viewed in many different lights: a talky, subtle, brilliant Sorkin script perfectly suited for Fincher's meticulous, cold-cutting style of direction, a lamentation on the loss of connectivity in an age of instant connectivity, a success story that flips the notion that only the established, big league men can rule the world on its head, and a brilliant, atmospheric score by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross. The Social Network is a modern masterpiece.

1. The Social Network A

2. Inception A

3. Toy Story 3 A

4. How to Train Your Dragon A-/B+

5. Black Swan A

6. 127 Hours A-

7. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 A-/B+

8. The Fighter A-

9. Tangled B+

10. True Grit A-

11. The King's Speech B-

12. Exit Through the Gift Shop A

13. The Town B

14. Let Me In B+

15. Shutter Island B

I wish I could update my 2011. Tinker Tailor flows so much better on a second viewing. Easily top five of that year. Anyway, no surprises with that top 3. I imagine if you do a 2009 list something like Avatar or Up or Inglourious Basterds will be #1

If people haven't seen Ghost Writer or Animal Kingdom yet, they really should soon. I am going to get A Prophet on netflix next week

1. The Social Network A

2. Inception A-

3. Toy Story 3 A-

4. How to Train Your Dragon A

5. Black Swan A

6. 127 Hours B+

7. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 A+

8. The Fighter C+

9. Tangled A

10. True Grit B

11. The King's Speech C

12. Exit Through the Gift Shop N/A

13. The Town B

14. Let Me In A

15. Shutter Island A

Edited by Noctis

1. 127 Hours2. The Social Network3. Toy Story 34. The Fighter5. Inception6. Exit Through the Gift Shop7. The King's Speech8. True Grit9. The Town10. Black Swan11. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 112. Shutter IslandN/A: How to Train Your Dragon, Let Me In, Tangled

1. The Social Network 7.5

2. Inception 8.5

3. Toy Story 3 7.0

4. How to Train Your Dragon 8.0

5. Black Swan 9.5

6. 127 Hours 8.0

7. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 9.0

8. The Fighter 8.0

9. Tangled 7.5

10. True Grit 8.5

11. The King's Speech 7.0

12. Exit Through the Gift Shop 6.0