efialtes76

Weekend Thread: Peregrine: 28.5| Deep: 20.6| M7: 15.7 pg 22

Storks is a disappointment but not a flop, OS should be able to do decently which means while it'll not make much if any profit from the box office, ancillary like TV and home entertainment will make that up. 

Mag 7 hasn't done as well as MGM and Sony have hoped, Sony luckily have Inferno which I see being a hit OS

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

JLaw needs to sit in the back for a while until December. Now it is time for a new Queen to sit on the throne. 

tumblr_m9p9sk6FPI1ruu3q6.gif

And then in 15 years when they're forced to take on "The Wife" parts, you won't remember the time you fapped in the theater to both of them. ;)

A little underwhelming - but not bad - for Miss Peregrine's and Deepwater Horizon.

If anything, I'm surprised that Masterminds didn't bomb harder. The fact that it's somehow in 3,000 theaters after sitting on the shelf for so long boggles my mind, even with the number of recognizable of the cast factored in.

Just now, Jonwo said:

Storks is a disappointment but not a flop, OS should be able to do decently which means while it'll not make much if any profit from the box office, ancillary like TV and home entertainment will make that up. 

Mag 7 hasn't done as well as MGM and Sony have hoped, Sony luckily have Inferno which I see being a hit OS

I think Storks will end with 80M+ domestic due to no competition till Trolls. That alone will be more than the budget, should clear 250-300M WW on its 70M budget. Shows again the wisdom in keeping budgets low. It won't see a franchise (probably) but the return on the movie will be pretty good for sure.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

And then in 15 years when they're forced to take on "The Wife" parts, you won't remember the time you fapped in the theater to both of them. ;)

I will still love them like I do today. 

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I think Storks will end with 80M+ domestic due to no competition till Trolls. That alone will be more than the budget, should clear 250-300M WW on its 70M budget. Shows again the wisdom in keeping budgets low. It won't see a franchise (probably) but the return on the movie will be pretty good for sure.

@gods of egypt

Just now, grim22 said:

I think $250m is more likely than WW as Trolls has an early OS release, im sure WB  would be more than happy if it cracked $300m WW

In the long run, original films need to be better because WAG has plenty of characters from the WB library that they can use for ideas and I worry that original films will get sidelined 

2 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Lionsgate should just close down at this rate. 

Power Rangers needs to make a fortune.

It is interesting because Power Rangers may be competing against itself around that time: Ninja Steel on Nickelodeon vs. the Lionsgate movie, and competing with each other for the toy space Bandai is going to give them at retailers next year too.  And I can't see Lionsgate moving the Power Rangers release date from March 24 now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

The 2 biggest franchise misses of summer i.e. Ghostbusters and Star Trek Beyond have the big budget and horrible OS grosses in common. 

It's crazy how important Overseas grosses are for blockbusters now. The only big summer movie that really would have broken even from domestic alone may be finding dory. (and I guess conjuring and central intelligence but those didn't have big big budgets)

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

It's crazy how important Overseas grosses are for blockbusters now. The only big summer movie that really would have broken even from domestic alone may be finding dory. (and I guess conjuring and central intelligence but those didn't have big big budgets)

SLOP would have as well.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Looks like Magnificent 7 won't hit 100M. Will end the weekend 2M off the pace of Equalizer which barely got across the mark.

The Equalizer had adult audiences colliding with Gone Girl, The Judge, and Fury. Mag 7 has potential to barely do it. 

3 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Forgot about that one. Again, goes to show how keeping your budget low will pull wonders. 

Im not a fan of Illumination but I think having budgets under $100m allows more profitability but helps when a film underperforms, it works for them and WAG but I don't think it'd work for Disney or Pixar, the latter's budgets have soared in recent years but I doubt Lassiter would ever accept a budget cut to Pixar films

• Like 1