efialtes76

Weekend Thread: Accountant 24.7M, Kevin Hart 11.9M, GOTT 11.9M, Peregrine 8.9M

4 minutes ago, Maxmoser3 said:

Wasn't The Accountant supposed to come out late January earlier this year? October is a great month to release Affleck films. 

October's a good time for more adult midbudget films like GOTT and The Accountant, I imagine Sully probably would have done well in October although I think Hanks in Inferno in the same month meant it wasn't viable. 

3 hours ago, DAJK said:

Before I knew the whole "it's common staff curtosy not to watch a movie if you're the only one in there" because you're not even paying for a ticket, I watched pixels all by myself and one of my co workers at the time came into the auditorium halfway through, crawled under the seat without me noticing and she grabbed my ankles and scared the life out of me.

I assume that was more fun than the movie?

• Like 1

Will this finish as the worst Fall season on record since 2001?

It's at $535m and all that's left is:

The Accountant
Kevin Hart What Now
Max Steel

Boo! A Madea Halloween
Jack Reacher Never Go Back
Keeping Up With the Joneses
Ouija: Origin of Evil

Inferno

nd UPDATE: Matinees currently show a high-teen opening for Warner Bros. Ben Affleck drama thriller The Accountant with a possible shot at a 3-day in the low $20M range at 3,332 theaters. Friday ticket sales for the Gavin O’Connor-directed movie including last night’s $1.35M are at an estimated $7.5M which is $1.76M shy of the $9.26M that Uni’s The Girl on the Train chugged on its opening day. That Emily Blunt thriller is looking at a mid-teens second weekend as of right now for a No. 2 slot.  Affleck’s top openers during the fall season, which have all been adult-skewing dramas of some sort, are Gone Girl ($37.5M), The Town ($23.8M) and Argo ($19.5M).

Universal’s Kevin Hart: What Now? stand-up feature is looking at $5.5M for today.  Concert movies typically dip on Saturday which will put this cash cow between $12M-$14.5M for the weekend at 2,568 theaters.

Open Road’s Max Steel is anything but solid. Industry estimates see at $500K today, with a $1.75M-$3M opening. We’ll examine this Mattel toy line feature adaptation later tonight.

http://deadline.com/2016/10/weekend-box-office-the-accountant-kevin-hart-what-now-girl-on-the-train-1201836388/

Wait so Accountant did same Thursday numbers as Girl on Train, but looks like it will only hit low 20s. What happened? One would assume Girl on Train would be a hugely front loaded. But it seems The Accountant is more frontloaded? Confused.