kayumanggi

SNOW WHITE | 03.21.2025 | Disney

On 7/3/2024 at 9:04 AM, kayumanggi said:

I wish I had a dime for every movie we have heard "Tested well" and went on to fail at the box office.

The dwarves in that still are not all the well done, but at least they look like dwarves, which is more then you can say about what we saw in some of the early stills.

And yes, this being pushed back inidcated there is lots and lots of work to be done..and that will add a lot to the cost of the film.

The amount of "just shelve it" being thrown around on here is ridiculous. Why on Earth would Disney do that? These live-action remakes have made them billions, and Snow White is arguably the most iconic in their Princess canon. 

Because some right-wing trolls are upset about the casting? Or have morphed the lead actress's (admittedly kinda dumb but also she's just a kid you guys) comments into some "woke Disney is after our traditional values" nonsense? 

I'm not expecting the movie to be great (most of these live-action remakes aren't). But I'd be shocked if it didn't make at least 150M domestic, probably more.

• Like 5

This seems destined to do about 400-600M worldwide, sell a lot of dolls, have people argue over whether it's actually a hit or not, and be forgotten about 9 months later. Either way, not gonna be fun for me!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

And I wasn’t saying they should do that. I just said Warner would have done that. As they have with several films that were nearly complete or even fully wrapped.

I personally think Snow White is one of those films Disney should never have remade. But here we are and now I just hope they release something that doesn’t suck.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AniNate said:

Literally one person said that

I’m talking more generally across the boards, weekend threads, Disney threads etc. over the last year or so. I put my comment here though because it’s more relevant to this thread, and I wouldn’t be detailing the weekend thread.

You could also find more examples of this across the internet. My intention isn’t to go after any one particular member on these boards, as I’m totally aware that people have their own reasons for saying what they are, and I’m not trying to intentionally call anyone my strawman. There’s just a general trend that I’ve been seeing, and it’s frustrating.

I would have said a while ago that this will make Cinderella numbers because the popularity of the movie seems around the same, both have been done several times by Hollywood and they're iconic Disney princess but very old to use nostalgia in the same way as Beauty and the Beast. 

The only problem I see is that the dwarfs are just very ugly and they're not Even dwarfs. On the bright side, Hunger Games has helped Rachel's popularity a lot and there's always the possibility of the soundtrack becoming very popular. Being a musical could actually help this time. 

I think 400M WW because the marketing could hurt the opening if this is how the dwarfs look but could reach even 600M depending on reception. It should be fine anyways because...how high can the budget for a Snow White movie be? 

On 7/13/2024 at 12:09 PM, Eric Onion said:

This seems destined to do about 400-600M worldwide, sell a lot of dolls, have people argue over whether it's actually a hit or not, and be forgotten about 9 months later. Either way, not gonna be fun for me!

Which would be a  step down from what most of the other Live action reamkes have done.

It is interesting that the live action remakes based on "Golden Age" animated films don't do as well as the ones based on "Disney Renassiance" animated films.

Edited by dudalb

On 7/13/2024 at 1:04 PM, Mickiland16 said:

I would have said a while ago that this will make Cinderella numbers because the popularity of the movie seems around the same, both have been done several times by Hollywood and they're iconic Disney princess but very old to use nostalgia in the same way as Beauty and the Beast. 

The only problem I see is that the dwarfs are just very ugly and they're not Even dwarfs. On the bright side, Hunger Games has helped Rachel's popularity a lot and there's always the possibility of the soundtrack becoming very popular. Being a musical could actually help this time. 

I think 400M WW because the marketing could hurt the opening if this is how the dwarfs look but could reach even 600M depending on reception. It should be fine anyways because...how high can the budget for a Snow White movie be? 

Let's not forget what happend with Dumbo.

This remakes are tiresome, but it looks good at least overall. 

It doesn´t look grey, which is a plus. If Gerwig´s script is decent i don´t think Marc Webb can fully derail it. 

Not expecting a good movie necessarily, but it just doesn´t looks like the catastrophic bomb some people claimed, should be mixed to positive like nearly all of these remakes.

Don´t think it´ll bomb either, maybe a boring TLM type of run

This looks absolutely what a Snow White remake would’ve looked like. Nothing more, nothing less. And the people who were upset about the dwarves, and the racists either aren’t online yet but the reaction on X seems fine.