kayumanggi

SNOW WHITE | 03.21.2025 | Disney

1 hour ago, Youngstar said:

So it's still dwarfes. Just CGI dwarfes.

7 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Lol that looks like … Snow White. Some people on twitter had their knickers in a twist for nothing. 

I've been saying it's dumb to freak out before Disney's posted anything publicly but I'm very skeptical about this because of the statements didn't make in the past. These are just too unambiguously coded as "7 dwarves from Snow White's 7 dwarves" to be afraid of embracing this status. 

Disney pretty explicitly said they weren't doing "7 Dwarves" (even if they were unclear about the replacement) and their PR strategy for the UK tabloid pictures was to pretend the pictures were fake. Disney quite easily could have said something like "these are CGI creatures so you can't pretend this represents what you'll see in the film"  which would be an easy thing to sell an inherently sympathetic press. 

14 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

WHY would they release that!?!?? Literally worse than OG Sonic, what the actual fuck. Disney is not dumb to be unaware this movie already has an uphill battle with toxicity, I swear that 100% feels like they’re purposely trying to sabotage 

I think one graph can show why that idea is wrong. 

image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fpro-assets.morni

https://pro.morningconsult.com/articles/thr-aladdin-story

and I suspect these numbers are only as balanced as they are because it's being read as code for race/racism derived changes. 

Instead of selling the film like this

https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Culture/rachel-zegler-playing-snow-white-challenging-reveals-connected/story?id=97944193

It's being defined by

"Disney thinks it's shameful/bigoted to depict fantasy dwarves" or

old Disney movies have "love stor[ies] with a guy who literally stalks [Snow White]"

Both of which are both pretty poor selling points and pretty negatively framed towards the core audience they're trying to court. 

For its visual flaws, it's worth more than a thousand words to convey what the film is going to be. 

Edited by PlatnumRoyce
  • Like 1

God, this whole thing is a train wreck, and that delay is just going to fuel the conspiracy that they’re going to replace Rachel Zegler. 

If nothing else, one would hope this whole mess will finally kill the trend of Disney live action remakes, but let’s be honest, that’s unlikely. They’ll just make a live action Frozen. 

Just now, WittyUsername said:

God, this whole thing is a train wreck, and that delay is just going to fuel the conspiracy that they’re going to replace Rachel Zegler. 

Just don't give those sad, self-pitying folks with way too much free time on their hands what they want (attention). Simple as that.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

The CGI dwarves look rough but with an extra year of post production, they could look at least decent. 

I do wonder why Gal Gadot's Evil Queen hasn't been shown yet.

They have to have something new to show close to when the film is releasing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Inquiring minds want to know, will the Daily Wire hold their "anti-woke" Snow White cash grab production on the shelf for a year? Or will it be like when Top Gun: Maverick got delayed: The Asylum still put out their knockoff version in 2020 anyway, and when TGM finally came out in 2022, they'd gone and made a second fighter pilot mockbuster (Top Gunner: Danger Zone).

That first image just makes me think Disney traded one backlash for another.

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

It’s never a good idea to release nightmare fuel looking CGI for your tentpole, especially in this day and age. Sort that stuff out before you get to the marketing stage

It doesn't even look bad. It's clearly a stylistic choice instead of bad CGI.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Disbelief 2

2 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

They wouldn't have releases this pic if they were gonna pull a sonic lol. Like if they were gonna release a pic, they could've easily released one with both Zegler and Gadot instead 

It's a trial balloon shot to see if this is what folks want.  I'm sure it's literally the only CGI done so far with the dwarves.