kayumanggi

SNOW WHITE | 03.21.2025 | Disney

In terms of physical appearance, the Zegler/Gadot difference reminds me of the Stewart/Theron film. Everyone wondering why the evil person was so jealous. 

At least in terms of talent, Zegler dwarves Gadot.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Noctis said:

In terms of physical appearance, the Zegler/Gadot difference reminds me of the Stewart/Theron film. Everyone wondering why the evil person was so jealous

At least in terms of talent, Zegler dwarves Gadot.

I’m sorry, but just no. Political stances and particularly acting skills aside, Rachel is just gorgeous. I mean twenty years younger than me but a gorgeous young woman. And I bring age here because I strongly believe that that’s what has been always about, I think Snow White and her evil witch stepmother which happens to be an witch has always been about jealousy of the youth, not really about looks alone. I don’t mean to disparage Gadot’s looks when I could disparage well, everything else, but it’s not like from the Walt Disney’s take that Maleficent was ever uglier, what she was older than Snow White and envied not really only her looks but her youth and good heart, when Maleficent is an aging physically beautiful woman for her age but an awful person inside. It’s a fairytale about vanity yes but it kinda goes deeper than that. Ironically the most impression that the Snow White did on me as a kid wasn’t the animation - I kinda remember feeling that animation was old even for me back then - but the books. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ZattMurdock said:

And I bring age here because I strongly believe that that’s what has been always about, I think Snow White and her evil witch stepmother which happens to be an witch has always been about jealousy of the youth

Women get universally hotter with age though. 

1 minute ago, WorkingonaName said:

Women get universally hotter with age though. 

I agree with you. That’s besides the point, I mean look no further than Jennifer Garner or hell my favorite Elektra of all time, Elodie Yung. The point isn’t that, the point is that Maleficent doesn’t see it that way, she has a shallow and superficial understanding of beauty and is an awful person inside. I think Gadot is physically a beautiful woman, but I would never say that I don’t get why she would be jealous of Ziegler.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

Hmm spotted the other motive behind your reaction lol. 

That’s probably expected. 

YouTube is the worst, as we know. So that has all the misogynistic “creators” and racist subscribers/commentors. 

An area of Twitter will be hating on Gal Gadot because she’s a Zionist. 

In the case of Gal Gadot, I do understand disliking her on the count of her views, but it’s weird to me how people are saying that the two seconds we heard of her in the teaser is further evidence of what a terrible actress she is. A lot of them even straight up seem to be mocking her accent. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

In the case of Gal Gadot, I do understand disliking her on the count of her views, but it’s weird to me how people are saying that the two seconds we heard of her in the teaser is further evidence of what a terrible actress she is. A lot of them even straight up seem to be mocking her accent. 

Twitter is weird, social media is weird and it isn’t real life. And that’s by no means a defense to Gadot. She isn’t getting an Oscar for this, what we saw on the trailer was as serviceable as her Wonder Woman’s performance. Nothing to write home about but when I see it I mean yep, that’s Maleficent.

20 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

I agree with you. That’s besides the point, I mean look no further than Jennifer Garner or hell my favorite Elektra of all time, Elodie Yung. The point isn’t that, the point is that Maleficent doesn’t see it that way, she has a shallow and superficial understanding of beauty and is an awful person inside. I think Gadot is physically a beautiful woman, but I would never say that I don’t get why she would be jealous of Ziegler.

Maleficent is the villain for Sleeping Beauty.

The evil queen in Snow White Disney is called Evil Queen.

Edited by Kon
  • Like 1

I agree "age" was likely always a point of the conflict between Snow White and her stepmother even if it isn't directly mentioned.

I mean, in the original story, the Evil Queen was called the most beautiful by the mirror until Snow White reached a certain age.

Edited by Kon
  • Like 2

The trailer looks much better than I anticipated, I'm actually going to watch this only because of Rachel Zegler, she's fantastic. The dwarves look like a nightmare lol, they really should have used actors for this and not CGI. 

Honestly, I think this will be Gal Gadot's best performance of her career, which is not saying much but she doesn't look awful and it is a role that any actor would enjoy. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

Are certain people going to be super passive aggressive towards Snow White like they were with the Little Mermaid remake... for reasons?

Likely, especially if it doesn't make a zillion dollars 

10 hours ago, wattage said:

Likely, especially if it doesn't make a zillion dollars 

I don't know why this would match TLM's gross considering we've already had 2 snow white movies in the past decade and their combined gross alone didn't top TLM. I think already having 2 adaptations fairly revently will prevent this from being a big breakout

I really don't know how to phrase this but can the regular (or maybe the average white) person who has never heard of Rachel tell that Snow White isn't 'white' in this movie? Not that that would stop racist Youtubers from doing what they do, but I do think the overseas performance will not be as uninspired (compared to other live action remakes) as it was for TLM.

Edited by BundleOfJoy
  • Like 1

I mean I was against this movie from being made from the start. 

That said, after the push back over the dwarfs they shot first time around, that they’ve now replaced them with these is unbelievable. All they had to do was give us CG versions of the animated characters everybody loves.  I mean, they made Pinocchio look like Pinocchio in that awful Zemeckis movie, but they can’t get the dwarfs right!? Insane. 

I did see a leaked clip from D23 of Whistle While You Work and they looked atrocious. 

Oh and the social media furore over Zegler as Snow White is embarrassing. 

Super talented performer who looks more like the character she’s portraying than literally any live action reimagining they’ve done to date.  She’ll be brilliant in it, I’ve no doubt.

Those dwarfs though? There’s no saving those