That One Girl

Weekend Thread | Saturday Asgrard pg 28 or 29 DS 32 Trolls 19 HR 5.8

13 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I believe he's taking a break due to personal reasons.

He had an existential crisis, but he keeps us entertained on Whatsapp daily. He reads everything posted and is plotting his comeback.

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, grim22 said:

He had an existential crisis, but he keeps us entertained on Whatsapp daily. He reads everything posted and is plotting his comeback.

confused ice cube

CJohn, I know you're reading this. It's ok that Lionsgate had a hit this year (hell, TWO hits). Come back so we discuss ratings and Ghost Rider, m'kay?

• Like 9

My view of the third KFP was really marred because I had read interviews with the screenwriters about their hoped-for six- or seven-movie arc for Po, and then we get to KFP 3 and I watched them shove the rest of that entire arc into one film (I'm assuming they thought this was the final one).  Felt unearned to me.

32 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Never? Damn, your childhood must have been bleak

In a way

As OT...

Spoiler

I wasn't allowed to read children's books or playing with children neither. I got for learning reading books like The Plague written by Camus. Officilly all the other people/chilfren were too primitive, reality was, she didn't want us to learn about what is normal in other families.

There weren't many animated movies then. I remember Jungle Book (1967).

Plus we lived for a while in the mountains, no cinema there then. During the time in the mountains we were the first family with a TV then, 3 German stations and 2 Austrian. All the neighbours came especially for the news. My mother didn't like the ~ in her POV forced on contact, manipulated divorce... I was in 18 schools in different states..., for hiding her abuse..

ORF 2 is one of the main reasons I fell in love with history as a hobby. They had lat in the evening a lot of history themed shows (?), including translated BBC shows.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Matrix4You said:

American Pastoral  - As a Ewan McGregor fan, I am upset with how this film is doing.  It expanded from 51 locations last week to 70 this week.  One of the expanding locations is a local cinema that has reserved seating and I sneaked a peek and was disappointed seeing the results.  It does not look good for long term aspects like the way Desierto is holding.  American Pastoral averaged $314 per location, down 28.8% from last week, but the dollar gross should hold steady in the upper 80K range for the weekend and a total north of .420M.  Hopefully a best picture win will further its chances of hitting 100M and bringing Obi-Wan Kenobi into the spotlight.

American Pastoral is not getting a best picture nomination. The reviews aren't good enough for it.

KFP was the movie when DAS started being good, technically, visually and story telling wise.

Never cared for Shrek, those movies are prisoners of their time.

Edited by The Futurist