terrestrial

Monday's Strange 6.2 (Tue maybe 7.7) ǀ Trolls 2.5 ǀ Hacksaw 1.45 ǀ Accountant 0.51 ǀ Inferno 0.5 ǀ Tyler Perry 0.495 ǀ Reacher 0.47

3 minutes ago, Durden said:

The Winter Soldier dropped 73.5% and made $6.219m. DS dropped 71% and made $6.209m.

40m in the second weekend still looking possible.

WS had way less competition. DS has Moana, Rogue One, and Fantastic beasts. 200 million is probably dead.

4 minutes ago, Durden said:

The Winter Soldier dropped 73.5% and made $6.219m. DS dropped 71% and made $6.209m.

40m in the second weekend still looking possible.

Keep in mind that Friday is a Holiday. I think that means that Dr. Strange has an even better chance.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

200 million is going to be a stretch.

How do you figure?

DS is going to be over $100m with Wed dailies. 

Even assuming it stays flat due to Election Day that should put DS at/about $97m for today(Tue)

Wednesday it's about $101 and ending it's first full week on Thursday with around $105m domestic give/take $1m

Assuming a 55% drop thereabouts it'll be around$143-145m with Monday actuals. Trying to account for front loaded nature + weak second week direct openers + solid WOM and RT scores means it could hold well.

How do you not see DS getting at least another $55m through the end of the year with two long Holiday weekends and kids being out of school? 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

200 million is going to be a stretch.

That will be based solely on its Friday jump and 2nd weekend hold.

If it makes anything less than 40mil this weekend then I will agree with you but until then I'm optimistic it will hit 210domestic.

As long as Strange's second weekend doesn't fall over 60%, I'd say $200M is still a lock.

Best Case scenario 

Assuming Strange jumps 15% today, it'd be at $98M, a 30% drop it'd add $103M, and if it falls 10% it'd have $107.5M. I'm predicting a $37M to $40M 2nd weekend putting it at $144.5M to $147.5M

Worst Case:

Strange stays flat and gross the same numbers for weekdays and a $33M-$35M 2nd weekend, puts it at $139.2M to about $141.2M

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

It will barely hit $200 million if that is the case, because I remember Spectre from last year was dragged all the way to $200 million by Sony when they realized they were few million short of it. Disney might do the same for Strange also if it is  the case.

Edited by chrisman0606