kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

11 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

No, if this was a completely standalone Fox affair, I bet it'd be even bigger than it's already set to be. I'd argue the MCU connection is actually baggage that's bringing the movie down a little. That brand leaves a bitter taste in people's mouths these days, and unless those reshoots and rewrites respectively do wonders, we'll likely see that in full force with Captain America 4 and Thunderbolts next year.

Be serious. You can't just be saying silly shit like this. 

• Like 9

12 hours ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Everyone, @BadOlCatSylvester was completely correct when he said this movie would blow up. Back in January he was correct even though I was being pessimistic, further cementing his status as one of the most accurate users on this entire forum. 

And we need to praise @TheFlatLannister who was also one of the people who predicted this movie to blow up. As well as @XXR vs XXR who made the "above Lion King OW" club (might actually happen) and also @Legion Again who said it would do Captain America: Civil War numbers, and also @SpiderByte who made the "highest grossing R rated movie of all time" club

No offense, but this obsessive fanboy thing you do over other users because people made a few random predictions correctly over a Ryan Reynolds movie? It's kind of weird.

• Like 4

Just now, Eric Furiosa said:

No. Honestly, this whole thing is kind of creepy.

I could understand if it's bad to mock people for wrong predictions, but I don't see what's wrong with praising people for correct predictions. Especially as somebody who has been doom and glooming this movie because of what happened in GOTG 3, it's insanely impressive how these people still saw the crazy breakout incoming. 

19 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Six months ago this guy on Reddit was downvoted 15 times for saying "No way people actually think Deadpool x Wolverine is going to make less than the previous Deadpool films." It turns out he was COMPLETELY correct: https://www.reddit.com/r/boxoffice/comments/1859xbj/comment/kb0el5h/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web3x&utm_name=web3xcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button.

Props to @TheFlatLannister for speaking up and not going with the internet hivemind, based on presales things are looking good for DP3. 

It actually hurts my brain going through this reddit thread. Deadpool 3 doing big numbers was the easiest betting odds of the year lol 

• Like 6

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

It actually hurts my brain going through this reddit thread. Deadpool 3 doing big numbers was the easiest betting odds of the year lol 

Are you referring to Reddit now? Absolutely nobody cares about Reddit, permaban now

/s

Edited by HummingLemon496

Posted (edited)

Lots of surprising/bad takes in here.

People forget that Hugh Jackman as Wolverine was the RDJ/Iron Man of comic book films before 2008, and then some overlap after, even if Iron Man was a whole lot bigger in totality. He was “the guy” for the X-Men franchise for decades. No shade to the rest of the incredible X-Men films, but Jackman was the frontman

Edited by OncomingStorm93
  • Like 5

14 hours ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

Lots of surprising/bad takes in here.

People forget that Hugh Jackman as Wolverine was the RDJ/Iron Man of comic book films before 2008, and then some overlap after, even if Iron Man was a whole lot bigger in totality. He was “the guy” for the X-Men franchise for decades. No shade to the rest of the incredible X-Men films, but Jackman was the frontman

It can't be shade to Marsden and co. if Fox never let them shine. The Fox X-Men films have been Wolverine and Friends trilogy, Wolverine minus Friends trilogy, and Young Eric & Charles yaoi romance quartet

• Like 1
  • Haha 1