kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

9 minutes ago, YM! said:

I mean, for better or worse I get why D&W has high expectations as this is a character from Fox going to MCU. Very much felt like if that was fumbled then yeah there’d be actual dips greater than last year, like an Avengers or Spiderman being mediocre. 

That said, I don’t think the MCU is dead. Don't think it’s as strong as it was in Phase 3 and there is proof that GA have been underwhelmed this saga but if Marvel was dead, Deadpool wouldn’t have as much hype as it does now. Think they’re back to their 2008-15 days in that whilst the big events are big, everything else will thrive more or less on their own accord. Like back in their Phase 1-2 days. I’ve said before it matters much more to the MCU and Feige that their next batch of films are well received vs just one thriving.

Not all Marvel is dead but I would say majority of the characters are dead or always kinda been dead because Marvel thought they could create unpopular characters into tentpole movies but that is not how things work marvel or none marvel. 

Spider-man independently will have a market if done correctly so will Wolverine, Deadpool and Batman but characters like the New Captain, Doctor Strange, Thor, Black Widow, Loki, eternals, Ms. marvel etc etc won´t have a market hence why I don´t understand why Marvel would want to bump these movies while they clearly have lost market.. 

Edited by Geo1500

1 minute ago, Geo1500 said:

Not all Marvel is dead but I would say majority of the characters are dead or always kinda been dead because Marvel thought they could create unpopular characters into tentpole movies but that is not how things work marvel or none marvel. 

Spider-man independently will have a market if done correctly so will Wolverine, Deadpool and Batman but characters like the New Captain, Doctor Strange, Thor, Black Widow, Loki, eternals, Ms. marvel etc etc won´t have a market hence why I don´t understand why Marvel would want to bump these movies while they clearly have lost market because they are just blend 

Iron Man was once a C-tier character at best. So was Deadpool. And Doctor Strange. And Scarlet Witch. And Black Panther. And Thor. And Captain America in general.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, YM! said:

I mean, for better or worse I get why D&W has high expectations as this is a character from Fox going to MCU. Very much felt like if that was fumbled then yeah there’d be actual dips greater than last year, like an Avengers or Spiderman being mediocre. 

That said, I don’t think the MCU is dead. Don't think it’s as strong as it was in Phase 3 and there is proof that GA have been underwhelmed this saga but if Marvel was dead, Deadpool wouldn’t have as much hype as it does now. Think they’re back to their 2008-15 days in that whilst the big events are big, everything else will thrive more or less on their own accord. Like back in their Phase 1-2 days. I’ve said before it matters much more to the MCU and Feige that their next batch of films are well received vs just one thriving.

Yeah, I don't see how this movie potentially opens to over $200M and people still claim that the MCU is "dead." 

It just isn't something that guarantees a $1B hit anymore (which we have to stop expecting every MCU movie to do that). Going forward and if it wants to gain that goodwill back, the MCU has to deliver on the upcoming movies. Between Thunderbolts, Captain America: Brave New World, and The Fantastic Four (not expecting Blade to release for a while), 2025 is going to be a very crucial year for them in determining whether they are still the A+ brand that they were in the 2010s. 

I'll say that more so than anything else (even more than trying to convince people that Guardians of the Galaxy was going to work), gaining this goodwill back after everything that happened in the last two or so years will probably be the toughest thing that the MCU and Kevin Feige will have to do, but I have hope for them. 

Not just because I'm a fan of the MCU, but because Marvel and Kevin Feige have surprised us on multiple occasions and have managed to do things that we never thought would be possible (create an actual successful cinematic universe that had its priorities in the right place).

We'll see what happens and maybe I'll be wrong on this, but I very much agree that Deadpool and Wolverine will be the start of something. The start of not only a more clear and more cohesive direction for this universe, but the start of gaining back what they lost in the past couple of years. 

• Heart 1

6 minutes ago, Geo1500 said:

Spider-man independently will have a market if done correctly so will Wolverine, Deadpool and Batman but characters like the New Captain, Doctor Strange, Thor, Black Widow, Loki, eternals, Ms. marvel etc etc won´t have a market hence why I don´t understand why Marvel would want to bump these movies while they clearly have lost market.. 

I mean, like them or hate them, at their heyday "making unpopular characters into tentpole movies" is quite literally exactly what the MCU did. And some of the characters you listed i.e. Strange and Thor were turned into tentpole movies that worked. Iron man was turned into the face of their entire franchise.

Edited by JustLurking
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Menor the Destroyer said:

Marvel "thought they could create unpopular characters into tentpole movies" because they can and have done it before. It's just that those movies were very well received and many of the recent ones haven't been. 

Dudes are just losing the plot, on god.

Just now, Menor the Destroyer said:

Marvel "thought they could create unpopular characters into tentpole movies" because they can and have done it before. It's just that those movies were very well received and many of the recent ones haven't been. 

They only did it under the Endgame and Avengers euphoria but they still remain irrelevant characters in the bigger picture which explains the losing market. Example DC´s Batman has managed to remain a cash-cow for like 25 years even outside the comic books. For Marvel their two cash cows Spider-man and Wolverine will not either lose market just like Batman. Deadpool might not have been a major character for marvel but he has established himself with comedic depiction.  

1 hour ago, abracadabra1998 said:

Let's be real here we can learn absolutely nothing from these. Madame Web probably had good social media reactions

It didn't, that takes a two second google to find out. Why just say random shit lmao

Not sure about the reviews…. On RT sure it should be decent, the bloggers are eating it up 

The actual critics that i follow tho pretty much all hated it 

I think a weirdly strong dissonance between MC and RT can happen with this, not that it matters that much 

15 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

Do not trust the rando  super negatives any more than the rando super positives.

I mean they seem like a real critic, not sure what makes them any more random than all the other first reactions. 

Just now, emoviefan said:

Okay. Have never read or heard of him so for all I know he hates these movies and is not any more objective than the easy lay positives.

.... they're critics. None of them are objective. 

2 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

Okay. Have never read or heard of him so for all I know he hates these movies and is not any more objective than the easy lay positives.

He gave Spider-Man No Way Home a 3/5 and GOTG 3 a 3.5

Edited by lorddemaxus

20 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

Iron man was turned into the face of their entire franchise.

Strange and Thor has been feeding of the avengers team euphoria and were still shaky and started to lose market but as for Iron man it comes down to the charms and charisma of RDJ he is easily one of the best actors I have ever seen especially after his Tropic thunder character I have mad respect for him as an actor and can pull of anything but if you recast Iron man it will fall flat on it´s nose you can simply not recast the charisma of RDJ. It is just gonna be a boring guy wearing fancy robots and the MCU machine has it is limitions.

The bread and butter of DC or Marvel will always remain no matter how many times you recast them and in every decade. Batman, Wolverine, Spider-man and Even Superman you can recast them over and over again it will continue because they keep selling comic books meaning they still occupy the comic fanatics world 

Edited by Geo1500