kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

Surprised (and amused) at how angry some of those reactions are but I’d still be shocked if the RT is bad. Expecting a “its reach is occasionally beyond its grasp but DP3 is always irreverent fun!!” etc etc.

Abstractly, I wonder if deadpool no longer being an underdog but instead leading the most hyped film of the year has altered the perception of the property for some. Dude’s not just making fun of the machine anymore, he is the machine. 

Edited by Hatebox

I don't think this will get 90% or anything but I think the initial reception looks... fine? Sure there's a couple of bad impressions but that was always going to happen. Not sure what people are stressing about 

Edited by SaltyPistola

7 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

Surprised (and amused) at how angry some of those reactions are but I’d still be shocked if the RT is bad. Expecting a “its reach is occasionally beyond its grasp but DP3 is always irreverent fun!!” etc etc.

Abstractly, I wonder if deadpool no longer being an underdog but instead leading the most hyped film of the year has altered the perception of the property for some. 

Always confusing when people treat the Deadpool films as underdogs considering Deadpool made more than EVERY single X-men film ever released. While Deadpool 2 made even more than the first DP.

I will say it doesn't seem like a movie that will win fans if you weren't already into the Deadpool schtick, so I don't see RT being any better than the first two at least. Probably will play like a normal superhero movie at the box office for better or worse.

34 minutes ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

I had a blast watching this one. Also the marketing did a great job hiding like practically everything in the trailers. 

Most of the jokes were great, had the audience rolling. I'm also thankful it feels like a Deadpool movie still despite the obvious changes and MCU 

The main storyline itself wasn't as good as the other two movies IMO but with the humor landing not sure I really noticed. A lot of references and love for Fox. If you're feeling tired of MCU movies, I think you can make an exception for this one.

The other two previous movies don't have much story to begin with (just pure jokes, action scenes). If it is even worse story-wise...well...

7 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Always confusing when people treat the Deadpool films as underdogs considering Deadpool made more than EVERY single X-men film ever released. While Deadpool 2 made even more than the first DP.

The first film absolutely was. Reynolds had to beg Fox to make it. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

Abstractly, I wonder if deadpool no longer being an underdog but instead leading the most hyped film of the year has altered the perception of the property for some. Dude’s not just making fun of the machine anymore, he is the machine. 

It is like a young, ambitious politician who once thought about changing the world ended up becoming the establishment he once despised. 

43 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Yeah same I want it to succeed but I've been overly-cautious which is why some people for some reason think I want this movie to fail. 

I don't mince words, if i support a movie, i go all in.

38 minutes ago, AniNate said:

I will say it doesn't seem like a movie that will win fans if you weren't already into the Deadpool schtick, so I don't see RT being any better than the first two at least. Probably will play like a normal superhero movie at the box office for better or worse.

Exactly, if you like Deadpool & his shtick, you like it, if you don't, you don't.

Reviews are stating that this is just like previous 2 so that's fine, it is what it is. 

52 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

Also i would say all this multiverse stuff just put critics off, like it was novel in NWH, but now they are like "oh it's just cameo fest" this or that.

While audience eat it up if it's done in a crowd pleasing manner.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

My local are forcing 3D for this unfortunately. All IMAX showings on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Boo. 

Cineworld really are a shitty organisation. At least Odeon are splitting this between 2D and 3D for IMAX. Think it's definitely depressing the IMAX sales a bit around London. 

Edited by SchumacherFTW
  • Like 1