kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

34 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Didn’t the first Deadpool already do that? 

Kinda. But we're talking Avengers money here.

For instance: that Borderlands movie would not be fucking PG-13 if it was being made now.

5 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Kinda. But we're talking Avengers money here.

For instance: that Borderlands movie would not be fucking PG-13 if it was being made now.

Avengers money is 2 bilion plus worldwide though...

1 minute ago, SpiderByte said:

Its opening weekend is 2 mil shy of the first one, which caused the entire industry to pivot to trying to make their own Avengers

I mean the only thing this might do is have studios force random cameos into their movies from other properties the studios own. Not invest in more expensive R-rated movies.

22 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Its opening weekend is 2 mil shy of the first one, which caused the entire industry to pivot to trying to make their own Avengers

Still wont finish with Avengers money..Ajusted or not..Making 100 millon more than the Joker worldwide is great but not gamechanging....

28 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I mean the only thing this might do is have studios force random cameos into their movies from other properties the studios own. Not invest in more expensive R-rated movies.

Technically, The Flash already did that and everyone hated it. 

17 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I haven’t seen Deadpool & Wolverine yet so I can’t comment on the cameos in it, but some of the ones in The Flash were pretty gross. Only Lucasfilm has been more shameless with resurrecting dead actors. 

Reynolds has his own theory about its success. “Disney probably doesn’t want me to frame it this way, but I’ve always thought of Deadpool & Wolverine as the first four-quadrant, R-rated film,” Reynolds tells THR. “Yes, it’s rated R, but we set out to make a movie with enough laughs, action and heart to appeal to everyone, whether you’re a comic book movie fan or not.”

There’s reason Disney and others may bristle at labeling it a four-quadrant film, which generally is reserved for movies that work equally for males and females over and under 25. Afterall, it is perhaps the most violent and bloody Deadpool movie yet.

Still, here’s evidence to back up Reynolds’ theory that it’s playing to a far more broad audience than the usual MCU movie, even if it’s skewing male by anywhere from 60 to 63 percent.

So far, 13.6 million people have bought tickets to see it, on par with last year’s Barbie, which was rated PG-13, according to Steve Buck’s leading research firm EntTelligence. That’s the most foot traffic ever for an R-rated movie.

The R rating afforded Reynolds the creative freedom needed to fulfill his vision. “When I saw rated-R movies when I was a kid, they left a huge impression on me because I didn’t feel like people were pulling punches, and it’s been a huge inspiration to so many of the things that I look to make now,” Reynolds recently told The New York Times.

I’m not saying that other people should do this, but my 9-year-old watched the movie with me and my mom, who’s in her late 70s, and it was just one of the best moments of this whole experience for me,” Reynolds continued in the NYT piece. “Both of them were laughing their guts out, were feeling the emotion where I most desperately hoped people would be.” 

If Disney is wary of declaring the new Deadpool film an all-audience film — aka, a four-quadrant film — it’s understandable considering it is the first R-rated film ever released by the studio. When Kevin Feige‘s Marvel Studios got its hands on the franchise after Disney absorbed 20th Century Fox, Disney chief Bob Iger went out of his way to assure audiences that Deadpool would retain its R-rating legacy.

For Reynolds, it’s been a long journey since Deadpool 2 was released by Fox in 2018, between the Disney-Fox merger, the pandemic and then the strikes, which shut down production for months. The movie, in fact, is replete with references to the Fox-Marvel handover, and its implications.

I’ve been in some form of writing, producing, performing, editing and marketing of Deadpool & Wolverine for three years. I’d say it’s hard work, but it’s closer to obsession. The privilege and honor of making a movie with two of my closest friends in Shawn Levy and Hugh Jackman is never lost on me,” Reynolds tells THR. “Neither is the obscene talent and competence of a ruthlessly devoted post-production team.

Reynolds is one savvy and intelligent Blake fucker. I think we are just getting started, I’ve watched Deadpool and Wolverine three times and I have a laser focus attention span to notice easter eggs and I’d argue that this is the most rewatchable Marvel Studios film since Avengers: Endgame, I rarely feel the urge to watch Marvel or any other films more than the usual two times I do for blockbusters I’m anticipating, but I’m already craving to watch it again. I might go this Tuesday if I find the time.

9 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Flash had nothing to draw from that anyone was actually "nostalgic" about. The only thing people might give a fuck about was Keaton's batman which I'm sorry to disappoint is not even synonimous with batman anymore as the only people who really remember it are those past the age that even goes to the movies anymore.

Other than that, all it was was a reminder of a universe that failed, things nobody wants to see, so muchso it had to resort to grossly incorporate full-CGI'd cameos of fucking dead people to give people a resemblance of stuff that they may have liked in the past.

Had Flash somehow been allowed to draw from stuff like the Nolan era of batman instead, not only would the gross be drastically different but probably the reception as well.

Also, the effects are a fucking embarassment. I mean come the fuck on Hollywood. And the lead was Ezra Miller, who is more of a repellent than a draw.

Edited by JustLurking

12 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

Ridiculous statement, Joker did well over a billion 5 years ago because it attracted non-comic book crowd. Deadpool & Wolverine audience is no different from Deadpool 1 & 2 audience, if they weren't 4-Quadrant movies in his opinion, then I don't see how cameos make it 4-Quadrant.

Edited by TomThomas

3 hours ago, TomThomas said:

Ridiculous statement, Joker did well over a billion 5 years ago because it attracted non-comic book crowd. Deadpool & Wolverine audience is no different from Deadpool 1 & 2 audience, if they weren't 4-Quadrant movies in his opinion, then I don't see how cameos make it 4-Quadrant.

TBF D&W OW >> 2x Joker OW DOM

Reynolds has earned bragging rights

• Like 1