kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

14 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

I read the interview. I don’t think that’s what he meant. But of course that takes like this would show up.

Yeah it seemed to be more to me that he was excited to stretch his acting muscles outside of the MCU again. Considering what he's said in other interviews and comments he was passionate about Stark and those movies when he did them, I think to an extent he just wants a break/move on which I get.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

I believe Feiges said there's a hard rule against bringing back Downey as Tony (except What If, where it's another guy). Id expect Evans as Cap more likely.

Well, with Cap you can always do a film about one of his World War 2 exploits.

COme to think of it, I would not mind a film about one of his joint missions with Logan.......

17 hours ago, LegionWrex said:

Yeah it seemed to be more to me that he was excited to stretch his acting muscles outside of the MCU again. Considering what he's said in other interviews and comments he was passionate about Stark and those movies when he did them, I think to an extent he just wants a break/move on which I get.

I also think RDJ knows that the charecter arc for Tony Stark is over, and bringing him back would probably ruin that. I can see a flashback, maybe, but other then that I think RDJ wants Stark to reamain dead.

Watched Logan again, it still really holds up. I know this is a prequel or whatever so doesn’t change that film’s ending but I’ve no doubt if Jackman’s non-wolverine career was going better he’d have probably thought better of this. The idea that Logan marked not just the end of the character chronologically but the last time we’d see jackman playing him was a powerful one. 

4 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

SAG strike is on so filming for this is going to get shut down.

You guys think they will switch dates with Cap 4 scheduled in July, which is actually done filming?

No idea. I actually imagine big productions like this can smell when something like this is going to happen. I wouldn’t be surprised if they aren’t mostly done. From what I understand, they can’t shoot, but this doesn’t mean that the director can’t keep working with the VFX and etc since the DGA are a bunch of a-holes. I think that unless it gets very bad, it’s keeping the May date. I think the odds of getting bad are high, but not that high. I suspect that both Deadpool 3 and Brave New World are mostly safer with the latter being "done", until the inevitable reshoots, same here. 

It’s everything else and how fucked the brick and mortar movie theater chains are that we should be worried about.

Robert Downey Jr definitely did not view Iron man as a paycheck only. I've seen an interview with him where he said that he memorized something like 10 pages of script going into his audition which only required two pages of script. He studied what he thought were the nuances of Tony Stark the mannerisms and everything else that he put into the character. He said he wanted this role perhaps more than any other partially because he knew it was a great script but also because he thought that Iron man could be the start of something big and he wanted to be a part of it right from the beginning. 

• Like 2
  • Heart 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, toutvabien said:

Should have just kept Cap 4 in May and given this the late July slot.

Bumping this up an entire six months while it still had a lot left to film was an odd choice. I guess they figured it was going to be the much bigger movie, so it deserved the coveted May spot, but does it ultimately make a difference if it’s released later in the Summer?

Edited by WittyUsername

3 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Bumping this up an entire six months while it still had a lot left to film was an odd choice. I guess they figured it was going to be the much bigger movie, so it deserved the coveted May spot, but does it ultimately make a difference if it’s released later in the Summer?

They probably wanted something BIG to open the summer and thought this would be a quick shoot since it's a comedy superhero franchise first and foremost (and therefore doesn't need as much post-production work as the others). If it were up to me I would move Captain America back to early May (if it'll be ready) and push Planet of the Apes from Memorial Day to end of July. If Disney needs something to come out on Memorial Day weekend they can always push Snow White back (and free up the packed March a bit) and give it the Aladdin/Cruella/Little Mermaid spot.

This wasn't on Disneys upcoming films list on the earnings call...sounds like the inevitable strike release date shakeup is coming soon.

My guess is that Cap moves back to May tentatively, Deadpool back to July. Then probably another delay depending on how much longer the strike goes for.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

This wasn't on Disneys upcoming films list on the earnings call...sounds like the inevitable strike release date shakeup is coming soon.

My guess is that Cap moves back to May tentatively, Deadpool back to July. Then probably another delay depending on how much longer the strike goes for.

Tbh think they’ll give up the May slot this year for Apes.