kayumanggi

EVERYTHING, EVERYTHING | 05.19.17 | Warner Brothers

On 15.2.2017 at 4:36 AM, ban1o said:

mm I'm debating how much this grosses. "If I stay" made 50 million domestic. Me Before you made 56 (however this film was HUGE overseas) but Paper Towns only made 32 million even with John green's huge fanbase. I guess it depends if it gets mediocre or terrible reviews. 

Maybe like 14 OW 40 total? 

Paper Towns has a male protagonist, though and Margo was a horrible charcter.

I think this one could actually surprise.
Has there ever been a hollywood movie like this with an african-american lead?
It should do very well with the target audience and isn't it amazing to finally see a movie with an african-american lead, where the colour just doesn't play any part? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

It should do very well with the target audience and isn't it amazing to finally see a movie with an african-american lead, where the colour just doesn't play any part? 

Everything Everything is hardly the first movie ever to feature an interracial couple front and center.

2 hours ago, Poseidon said:

I think its possible could surprise. I think the book is popular. I see they are going to a lot of black media trying to market it to black women I guess. 

There are quite a few cheesy romance movies with a black lead. Maybe not as recent.  "Beyond the lights" was a recent one. 

On another note I dislike the marketing for this. Its focusing on "risking anything for love" like acting like its a good thing this girl is risking dying from a deadly disease for some boy she barely knows  lmao. 

I guess it will appeal to the audience 

• Like 1

I think this will do well, maybe 40-50M. I say this because this is one of the movie names my wife brought up without my prompting when I asked her which movies she wants to watch in summer. They are definitely marketing it to the female demo for sure if my wife can name it right off the top of her head. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, filmlover said:

Everything Everything is hardly the first movie ever to feature an interracial couple front and center.

In the Young-Adult and romantic genre? It quite certainly is. At least if it comes to a wide release.

7 hours ago, ban1o said:

I think its possible could surprise. I think the book is popular. I see they are going to a lot of black media trying to market it to black women I guess. 

There are quite a few cheesy romance movies with a black lead. Maybe not as recent.  "Beyond the lights" was a recent one. 

I'm not talking about movies with a mainly african-american cast. They exist, of course. Everything, Everything is different, though. There is no mainstream movie like this out there.

4 hours ago, Poseidon said:

In the Young-Adult and romantic genre? It quite certainly is. At least if it comes to a wide release.

I'm not talking about movies with a mainly african-american cast. They exist, of course. Everything, Everything is different, though. There is no mainstream movie like this out there.

So you mean movies with a white male lead? 

I think it will be one of the surprises of the summer.  For it to really do well, I think they needed a more recognizable cast, but I think this can do about 50 million.

2 minutes ago, Tele Came Back said:

I really didn't like the trailer, but I'm not its target demo at all. I don't have any clue about how well it'll do. 50m seems like it would be a huge success for it.

I would say numbers along the same order as If I Stay and Me Before You would be likely, but it feels like those movies definitely had more going for them (particularly in the casting department- Chloe and the combo of Daenerys/Finnick from the Hunger Games movies seem like bigger gets than the guy from Jurassic World and Rue from the first Hunger Games all grown up).