Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

To those saying Mummy will open that low: the trailer has the most views for a 2017 movie by a wide margin. The interest is there. Not even Wonder Woman and JL's Comic Con trailers reached 25M in two weeks.

50 Shades of Gray had more views than Age of Ultron, doesn't translate into box office. 

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

How about 11 100M OWs?

Logan

BATB

F8

GOTG

WW

Mummy

DM3

Spider-Man

Thor

Justice League

Episode 8

Spoiler

1126.gif

Spoiler

Seriously, nothing is impossible and you may well be right. BO is humbling. But even on the high end IMO mid-60s ow.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I really don't get the lowballing of Lego Batman among this forum? I mean Batman is insanely popular among kids, and here's a Batman film even the 5 year old crazed fanboy of the family can see. Not even taking into account any of the teen/adult appeal it's bound to have. I'm still not ruling out 500 DOM. 

>Complaining people are lowballing a movie.

>Saying that $500m dom is a possibility.

K then.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

You can't assume the adult fans will show up. I don't plan on seeing it in theaters and maybe not at all. Still haven't seen Lego Movie. No desire to see it. 

Lego Movie was genuinely great for adults as well as well. In fact, Id say more than half the jokes are aimed at grown-ups (consumer culture, management trying to use espri de corps to build enthusiasm in a tedious work environment, etc) as well as the most moving part of the movie (the loving, if work-focused, father's pain at realizing his son has made him the bad guy in the world he's created).

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Wrath said:

Lego Movie was genuinely great for adults as well as well. In fact, Id say more than half the jokes are aimed at grown-ups (consumer culture, management trying to use espri de corps to build enthusiasm in a tedious work environment, etc) as well as the most moving part of the movie (the loving, if work-focused, father's pain at realizing his son has made him the bad guy in the world he's created).

Furthermore, I'm fairly certain it has a huge teen following. The sheer kid+teen appeal of Lego Batman could take it to 350 all on its own. 

Lol, I'm dying at some of you with the trailer views numbers. Views come from multiple platforms. YT is only one of them. GotG2 was weak on YT but was a MONSTER  on FB. Wonder Woman was huge on both. Kong is a beast on FB. 

Also Lego Batman will be enormous. Anyone doubting that is insane. It will be the first big animation of the year and it will feature Batman. And won;t have competition for weeks. 300m is a lock for that one.

• Like 3