Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

So what do we think the chances are that Disney decides to move the upcoming Han Solo film to December of 2018?  I know that Fox has tentatively put a marker there for Avatar 2, but who knows if they'll actually make that date.

Perhaps a better way of putting it is:  What's the number R1 needs to pull to force their hand?  Or at least make it a difficult decision?  550?  600?  525?

Or do we think that the chips have fallen in such a way that Disney is going to go ahead and release the Han Solo film in May of 2018, come hell or high water.

4 hours ago, MrPink said:

How come I don't get any groupies dick riding all over my posts? Fuck this forum

@MrPink With almost 2 likes for every post I think your dick has been ridden the most. I'm surprised it's not sore yet.

Edited by Mattrek

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

So what do we think the chances are that Disney decides to move the upcoming Han Solo film to December of 2018?  I know that Fox has tentatively put a marker there for Avatar 2, but who knows if they'll actually make that date.

Perhaps a better way of putting it is:  What's the number R1 needs to pull to force their hand?  Or at least make it a difficult decision?  550?  600?  525?

Or do we think that the chips have fallen in such a way that Disney is going to go ahead and release the Han Solo film in May of 2018, come hell or high water.

A million percent they will. That was always the plan. There will be annual releases until the franchise is beaten bloodier than Gareth Edwards' face in my dreams. 

It's what you all want, and it's what you get and there better not be any complaints. TAKE IT. 

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

A million percent they will.

See, I'm conflicted on this.  Part of me thinks Disney and Fox want to play nice over Avatar Land.

But then part of me thinks that Disney sees the pile of money at the end of the rainbow and then thinks to themselves, "There are only common interests, not friendships in international relations businesses".

But then I think that they might worry that YHS will suffer with mindshare if they can't muscle A2 out of the way.

But then I think that they will worry about YHS showing up five months after Ep 8 debuts.

But then I think that all the Marvel movies can co-exist each year.

And then I realize very few of them regularly crack 500... 

Which gets me back to the beginning of the logic chain. :P

In a way, if R1 did somewhere between 400 and 450, it would lessen the pressure.  Disney might look things over and go, "Ok, not mega numbers then.  We can put YHS at a different part of the calendar, get our 300+ and call it a day."

Which is why I wanted to hear what others had to say.  Where on the logic chain I gave above do they think Disney will land.  And will the amount of money R1 pulls in affect the decision at all.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Mattrek said:

@MrPink With almost 2 likes for every post I think your dick has been ridden the most. I'm surprised it's not sore yet.

Its thirst knows no bounds. I need enough likes to be that guy who's in the same ballpark of being third fiddle to Chewy and Coolio and their race 

A lot probably depends on how much Disney knows about the status of Avatar 2's production. If they think it's going to hit the release, they probably won't muscle for the date. Even without the shared interest, that's not a fight Disney wants; Cameron has shown multiple times not to underestimate his mass appeal. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Though in T2's defense, there weren't as many 50m admissions back then and the population was much smaller. 

There were also no such things as Netflix, iTunes, smartphones, tablets, YouTube, 4K UHD TVs, and millions of other things people could use for entertainment, like they can today, so that point is moot.

• Like 1