Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

I don't totally agree with "50% of TFA's previews will equal 50% of TFA's OW".   I understand the comparison, of course...  However, I feel that Rogue One has less up-front demand. More people willing to wait until Friday or Saturday to see it.  

Perhaps my my judgement is clouded because I am one of those individuals who was willing to wait.

Edited by rustyspoons89
Added a sentence
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, rustyspoons89 said:

I don't totally agree with "50% of TFA's previews will equal 50% of TFA's OW".   I understand the comparison, of course...  However, I feel that Rogue One has less up-front demand. More people willing to wait until Friday or Saturday to see it.  

Perhaps my my judgement is clouded because I am one of those individuals who was willing to wait.

It could also be the other way around. If it's not as interesting to the general audience, previews - where the die hards see it - could be higher relative to the weekend total.

• Like 4

It really could go either way. There's no telling. How many members of the general audience attended previews for TFA? Who knows? Those weren't just the die hard presumably or we have more die hard fans than I thought lol.

I can see Rogue One spreading out fans over the weekend more though because it's not the first new SW in 10 years.

The bigger the previews are, the smaller should be the OD-OW multiplier.

It's not fair to assume RO will follow the internal OW multiplier of TFA.

Gross 50% of TFA OW would mean 124M for RO. How would it be possible? It should need to gross only 59M OD (29M real Friday). Then, only 35M on Saturday. And close Sunday with around 30M.

1 hour ago, Elessar said:

It could also be the other way around. If it's not as interesting to the general audience, previews - where the die hards see it - could be higher relative to the weekend total.

The diehards outweighed the GA last year. Itll be close to a 6 multi like BvS.

Edited by POTUS
  • Like 1

A friend of mine who hates Star Wars went to see the movie last night.  Ok a local bar offered a bus and free beer to the movie.  But anyway he said he liked it.  What does that mean, not much but it's positive WOM from a non fan

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DAR said:

A friend of mine who hates Star Wars went to see the movie last night.  Ok a local bar offered a bus and free beer to the movie.  But anyway he said he liked it.  What does that mean, not much but it's positive WOM from a non fan

Where is this movie-beer-bus? Sounds like a magical time.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

You are literally blinded by your fanboy if you think this is even kid appealing in the slightest. Or you've never been around kids. 

Your hypocrisy in chastising me for anecdotes and then turning around and adopting the same technique to prop up your side of the coin is also quite telling. 

As a 15 year old, technically a kid, we'll see about that in 12 hours ;).

• Like 1