Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

For what it's worth of a random users opinion as a non die hard Star Wars fan (love the originals, meh on the prequels): I absolutely loved Rogue One. Way, way, way better than The Force Awakens. The characters you cared about, the action was spectacular and it just felt like Star Wars through and through. I give it an A and I plan to see it again.

Edited by Mattrek
  • Like 9

I think if it only makes 50-55% of what TFA made in North America, then the rest of the world will be much less than that. Perhaps an average of somewhere between 40-45% overseas.

Sticking with my prediction from Baumers under 450 thread, 400DOM under 1B WW.

3 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I think if it only makes 50-55% of what TFA made in North America, then the rest of the world will be much less than that. Perhaps an average of somewhere between 40-45% overseas.

50-55% of TFA is like 470-515m DOM

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Do I detect a sorta kinda TFA mini-backlash? Why?

No backlash. I'm a casual fan who didn't enjoy the movie. Characters meant nothing to me, the plot I don't even remember, the action felt forced, the scenes didn't feel like Star Wars. It felt like a movie someone decided to make and then slap the Star Wars brand on.

7 minutes ago, pieman said:

I'm expecting this to be much less of a crowd-pleaser than Force Awakens was. This is far too complex, dark, and different to win over a lot of people.

I'm a casual fan and I feel the exact opposite. This is a crowd pleasing movie.

• Like 1

Just now, IronJimbo said:

It seems as though those who told us TFA was great are now saying "this is the SW film I was waiting for!"

I've gotta say, I have seen a lot of this too.

Wonder if it has any implications on Episode VIII's box office.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Seems to me someone doesn't like Star Wars.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mattrek said:

No backlash. I'm a casual fan who didn't enjoy the movie. Characters meant nothing to me, the plot I don't even remember, the action felt forced, the scenes didn't feel like Star Wars. It felt like a movie someone decided to make and then slap the Star Wars brand on.

Exactly the same here! Let me add to that, Rey was awful, it was bland and unimaginative, zero action, anh deathstar plot, too much fan service (member chewbacca?), not a single great moment.

I really enjoyed Episode 4-6 and grew up watching 1-3 to I also enjoyed them.

10 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

It seems as though those who told us TFA was great are now saying "this is the SW film I was waiting for!"

That is exactly how I feel about this movie. Word for word, that's exactly what I thought after it ended. Also I wasn't around for TFA, RO brought me back into the movie fold. I never liked TFA. Anyways it's 5am here so I should go to bed. Night all.

Edited by Mattrek
  • Like 1