FlashMaster659

Tues #s (Asgard pg 136) R1 22.4 Sing 17.7 Pass 6 Moan 4.6 Ass 3.6 WH 3.4 Fen 3.1 LLL 2.6

29 minutes ago, La La Panda said:

A good pick, but he also put the generic tentpole Civil War at number 2

But he loves superhero movies.

Why would he exclude superhero movies on his favorites list?

Edited by grey ghost
  • Like 7

I have not been able to post this weekend but I have been following closely at the numbers of four films.

Huge for R1! Over 450M for sure once Holidays end. And likely a 550M DOM grosser.

Encouraging recovery for Passengers... until this updated Monday number. Anyways, 90M looks to be secured.

I don't get all those posts remarking Sing as a disappointing performance. It's looking to gross around 250M DOM.

Excellent for La La Land! Another 100M grosser for sure!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, stripe said:

I have not been able to post this weekend but I have been following closely at the numbers of four films.

Huge for R1! Over 450M for sure once Holidays end. And likely a 550M DOM grosser.

Encouraging recovery for Passengers... until this updated Monday number. Anyways, 90M looks to be secured.

I don't get all those posts remarking Sing as a disappointing performance. It's looking to gross around 250M DOM.

Excellent for La La Land! Another 100M grosser for sure!

You mean 450 after 2nd?

i don´t see it so secure. It´s (if actuals are 318 monday) 132 million in the next 7 days.

Let´s see day by day, but for sure i really would like it to happen....

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, grim22 said:

4.4 gives Moana a shot at TS2 but a lot will depend on the run through the 2nd. The family movies slightly hurt by the 24th and the 31st falling on Saturday.

Sing comes in on target with tracking for 75M over the 6 days. Gives it a 225-250M range for the finish. Sing vs Moana for the #10 movie of 2016 will be really close.

Calendar comparisons are pretty thin. 2011 didn't have a Thanksgiving Animated movie, but if we're looking at The Muppets as a possible match, that would mean it's going to hit $4m through Friday, drop a bit Saturday, and then recover again through the 2nd. That would be ~210m after the holidays?

I think at that point, it should get to at least 230m, even if it's a little below, so it should finish up within about +/-5% of TS2's total, though I am leaning a bit on the lower side right now. Say 235m.

Sing looks like it might go beyond that, at least by a little bit, though a lot is going to depend on how well it holds this next week. If it's pulling multiple 15m days, it probably gets the edge.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, PPZVGOS said:

I didn't like his Top 10 at all. His #4 was especially bizarre. 

Great number for Rogue One btw. A bit above estimates. The Force is with it! 

I didn't agree with his #1, but I'm so glad Hacksaw Ridge and Edge of 17 were in his top 10. I doubt deepwater or kubo make my top 10 but they are great movies.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Star Wars might've gotten a Carrie Fisher support bump.

Is it safe to say 550 m is still on the table?

IMHO, it's likely to close over that mark. Looking at Sherlock Holmes 2... Not exactly the same percentages, but close to its drops and increases...

22M Tue

19M Wed

17M Thu

21M Fri

16M Sat

20M Sun

17M Mon - 450M

7.5 - 5 - 4.5

10 - 14 - 8 (499M)

2.5 - 3.5 - 2 - 2

5 - 7 - 5.5 - 4.5 (531M) - After MLK it will be too close to 550M

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maxmoser3 said:

Saw Trolls at the dollar theatre yesterday. Cute movie, but the dollar theatre crowd was normal with a crying kid that sounded in pain was asked to leave during the movie. 

I feel with you. Sometimes I am asking myself about the ability to think / think beforehand of some parents. Sometimes an illness breaks out fast (especially with the small ones), but then I react fast too. Bad for all co-audience, and for the child too.

1 hour ago, Doctor RTH gone Rouge said:

Image result for do you want to play a game war games

mm maybe not today

Got to watch it with my older nephews then, loved the movie for that experience (infectious with them), but liked it anyway.

How they bugged me early on to let them type/do something at the work computer (first draw per autocad then use it for milling the autocad drawing). Long before Windows, management of that all per DOS.

Was a nice time, to be the to go to relative to drive them to the cinemas

Thank you for the numbers... and the smile on my face :wub:

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Matrix4You said:

Rogue One seems likely for a 20M Tues

Or even more

A 30% drop: 22.4M

A 35% drop: 20.8M

Comparable drops in 2011

SH2 dropped 32.5% / MI4 33.5% / Alvin3 2% / Tintin 14.5%

These drops in a market without the huge impact of discount Tuesdays.

• Like 3

2005 and 2011 do not compare well.  And neither is 2017.  Probably tv networks have a different way of impacting the audiences everytime these calendar dates line up

and the animated offerings are more four quadrant these days giving them better holds and increases than previously with the likes of Alvin, etc.

^^ w/ reserved seating this year:

Pets, Dory, Kubo, Trolls, Moana, and Sing stay very packed for the latest shows

Norm, Storks, Ice Age, Wild Ones, and Pete's Dragon ehh not so much.  Seemed to collapse after 7pm shows leading to cancelled showings if soemone else was selling out

Edited by Matrix4You
  • Like 1

What I like about e.g. InsideKino.de is, they show all films, not only those that get an dom release.

I think it is kind of interesting how many of those are new releases, mostly with only a very reduced country count.

To show also in a way, against what kind of competition some films are/can be lined up against

= generally meant, SW R1 isn't in China and SK released yet (but will have to compete for attetntion in SK this week), it does count for India to a degree, but I really think the local films get forgotten often.

International (OS) B.O. in Mio. $
Nr. B.O. Cume Film
1 47,1 237,4 Rogue One
2 43,7 43,7 See You Tomorrow (China)
3 34,6 34,6 Railroad Tigers (China)
4 33,0 50,0 Sing
5 29,2 122,6 The Great Wall
6 24,5 24,5 Dangal (Indien)
7 20,7 20,7 Master (Südkorea)
8 16,5 16,5 Passengers
9 14,9 144,5 Vaiana
14,2 14,2 Assassin's Creed