FlashMaster659

Tues #s (Asgard pg 136) R1 22.4 Sing 17.7 Pass 6 Moan 4.6 Ass 3.6 WH 3.4 Fen 3.1 LLL 2.6

Now I feel Moana's average from Tues to Mon could be 4m per day for 25-30 over 7 days.

It's cume till Monday was 185. So by 2nd Jan it could be 185.6 + 25-30 = 210-215

Edit: And 25-30 after 2nd Jan for 235-245. Amazing how closely it has folloed TS2 which had a 3-day of ~57 and ended with ~246

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 3

Also, Moana with almost flat from Monday. Nice recovery after less than expected jump on Friday. It's gonna be over 210M after the weekend, 235M maybe more is possible. 

Yes, well done Moana. \o/

Lähetetty minun SM-G800F laitteesta Tapatalkilla

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Really great Tues for Moana!

Could $250m still be possible?!

I don't think it's likely, though can't rule it out, especially Disney keeps them lingering for a long time.

Feeling ~240.

Interestingly, it's Tuesday is same as Tintin's Tuesday in 2011. But Tintin had released just the previous week so Moana could from now on (except the Wed drop) be less front-loaded.

Tintin added 49.8 more after the Tuesday.

That will give Moana 185.6 + 4.6 + 49.8 = 240

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 5

Great news for for R1! 30% drop. Slightly better than SH2 or MI4 in 2011. Can't see how it misses +450M once Holidays are over.

Excellent also for Sing. 10% drop.

Passangers more likely to be a 100M grosser. 20% decline against Girl with Dragon Tattoo 32% drop.

Moana number is fantastic when you consider it's fighting against Sing and R1 and still following closely TS2 run.

Not very good for WH and Fences, but expected as both are adult movies.

• Like 3

Disney looks like it is closing in on 3B DOM. Will be interesting to see if it can get there by Dec 31st.

Needed 299.5MM the last 13 days of December and has 3 movies earning money R1, Moana, and DS.

Boxofficemojo hasn't updated studio totals since Dec 18, but taking Disney actuals since then it should be about $2888.6 through Monday December 26.

So that leaves 111.4 needed the last 5 days of the year (basically 22.3 per day).

If RTH's numbers for Tuesday end up close then it gains a little ground on Tuesday and needs only about 84.4 for the last 4 days. (21.1 avg for the 3 films the last 4 days)

Right now I have it likely crossing the mark on Saturday by less than 10MM.

• Like 5

If R1 averages 18m from Wed to Mon it will add 108 more over those 6 days.

318.12 + 22.4 Tue + 108 (Wed to Mon) = 448.5

Only 101.5 away from 550.

In 2011, what Holmes and MI made over the 7-day period from Tuesday 27th Dec to Monday 2nd Jan, they added after 2nd Jan.

In R1's case the 7-day cume using above numbers is 22.4 + 108 = 130.4

So using Holmes and MI, R1 dom would be  448.5 + 130.4 = ~579

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 2

Sing is going to have phenomenal legs. The cinemascore was very high and every kid that I spoke to yesterday pretty much loved it. So it's going to play very well after the holidays also. 200 is obviously locked... 250 is a very real possibility and who knows how far itll go after that.

Hopefully the word of mouth the Passengers is catching on now. It's had some very good numbers the last three or four days and I saw it in a sold-out theater last night and the person that I was with liked it very much and I asked five random strangers coming out of the theater and they all liked it as well. So again hopefully the legs on this will get it over a hundred and maybe even to 120.

What can be said about Rogue one? Nothing really. Move along. Just another massively successful Star Wars movie.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, a2knet said:

If R1 averages 18m from Wed to Mon it will add 108 more over those 6 days.

318.12 + 22.4 Tue + 108 (Wed to Mon) = 448.5

Only 101.5 away from 550.

In 2011, what movies like Holmes and MI made over the 7-day period from Tuesday 27th Dec to Monday 2nd Jan, they added after 2nd Jan.

In R1's case the 7-day cume using above numbers is 22.4 + 108 = 130.4

So using Holmes and MI, R1 dom would be  448.5 + 130.4 = ~579

I think this comparison is atractive but i see difficult to acheive.

Last year TFA froma the end of xmas days made 194 million more, i think R1 will do more or less half, so if arrives Jan 2nd with this 448, i think could end with 535-540

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Christmas Baumer said:

Sing is going to have phenomenal legs. The cinemascore was very high and every kid that I spoke to yesterday pretty much loved it. So it's going to play very well after the holidays also. 200 is obviously locked... 250 is a very real possibility and who knows how far itll go after that.

Hopefully the word of mouth the Passengers is catching on now. It's had some very good numbers the last three or four days and I saw it in a sold-out theater last night and the person that I was with liked it very much and I asked five random strangers coming out of the theater and they all liked it as well. So again hopefully the legs on this will get it over a hundred and maybe even to 120.

What can be said about Rogue one? Nothing really. Move along. Just another massively successful Star Wars movie.

So Sing over Moana?

• Like 2