filmlover

PGA Nominations

“Arrival,” “Deadpool,” “Fences,” “Hacksaw Ridge,” “Hell or High Water,” “Hidden Figures,” “La La Land,” “Lion,” “Manchester by the Sea” and “Moonlight” have been nominated for the Producers Guild of America’s top movie award.

Awards contenders “Silence,” “Jackie,” “Sully,” “Loving,” “Captain Fantastic,” “Nocturnal Animals,” “20th Century Women” and “Florence Foster Jenkins” were overlooked by voters for the PGA’s Darryl F. Zanuck Award. Nominations were  announced Tuesday. The winner will be announced on Jan. 28 at the guild’s 28th annual awards show at the Beverly Hilton Hotel.

“Finding Dory,” “Kubo and the Two Strings,” “Moana,” “The Secret Life of Pets” and “Zootopia” received nominations for the top animated feature.

http://variety.com/2017/film/awards/la-la-land-moonlight-fences-producers-guild-nominations-1201956869/

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Imagine if Deadpool is our surprise Best Picture nominee this year. A superhero movie in which the superhero takes a dildo up the ass getting a nomination when the Nolan masterpiece did not.

I still think The Dark Knight is one of the biggest snubs ever. I'm on the Deadpool train (like I said in the previous thread) because Im enjoying the meltdowns on Twitter over its nominations. Is it worth a nomination? i have no idea. Its debatable. I loved it so I'm not opposed to it getting nominated and feel like its about damn time the Academy starts to recognize films outside of the usual Oscar bait aka good comic book films, franchise films, comedies, horror films etc. I guess Deadpool is fitting to break the mold or whatever if it indeed does. 

Edited by Nova

Just now, Nova said:

I still think The Dark Knight is one of the biggest snubs ever. I'm on the Deadpool train (like I said in the previous thread) because Im enjoying the meltdowns on Twitter over its nominations. Is it worth a nomination? i have no idea. Its debatable. I loved it so I'm not opposed to it getting nominated and feel like its about damn time the Academy starts to recognize films outside of the usual Oscar bait. I guess Deadpool is fitting to break the mold or whatever if it indeed does. 

It's not getting nominated though lol. Skyfall and Star Trek '09 were also nominated here.

9 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It's not getting nominated though lol. Skyfall and Star Trek '09 were also nominated here.

After every branch of nominations that come out I keep hearing "It's not getting nominated." If it didn't get a PGA nom, a WAG nom, Golden Globes love etc I would 100% agree with you. However you can't downright say it's not when it's gotten this far. It's in contention. It's not a shoe in like the obvious choices but it's there and at this point wouldn't be shocking if it did or did not get nominated. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nova said:

After every branch of nominations that come out I keep hearing "It's not getting nominated." If it didn't get a PGA nom, a WAG nom, Golden Globes love etc I would 100% agree with you. However you can't downright say it's not when it's gotten this far. It's in contention. It's not a shoe in like the obvious choices but it's there and at this point wouldn't be shocking if it did or did not get nominated. 

Watch it get a DGA nod and everyone be like, "But Girl With the Dragon Tattoo didn't get a BP nod!  Not Fappening!"

• Like 1

Big precursors are over and there's a huge consensus between 9 movies.

MORTAL LOCKED

La La Land

Manchester by the sea

Moonlight

Hacksaw Ridge

Hell or High Water

Arrival

HUGE CHANCES

Hidden Figures

Lion

Fences

STILL IN THE RUN FOR A 10TH SPOT

Nocturnal Animals

WHAT IF...? BUT IT WOULD BE REALLY SURPRISING

Jackie

Deadpool

Sully

Silence

• Like 2

Just now, stripe said:

Big precursors are over and there's a huge consensus between 9 movies.

MORTAL LOCKED

La La Land

Manchester by the sea

Moonlight

Hacksaw Ridge

Hell or High Water

Arrival

HUGE CHANCES

Hidden Figures

Lion

Fences

STILL IN THE RUN FOR A 10TH SPOT

Nocturnal Animals

WHAT IF...? BUT IT WOULD BE REALLY SURPRISING

Jackie

Deadpool

Sully

Silence

Sully is done. WB is gonna have to sit out this year.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Sully is done. WB is gonna have to sit out this year.

So is Silence.  It's gotten nothing.  Zip.

Deadpool would still be really surprising, but it's just as likely as Nocturnal Animals at this point.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, La La Panda said:

So is Silence.  It's gotten nothing.  Zip.

Deadpool would still be really surprising, but it's just as likely as Nocturnal Animals at this point.

I see more #1 choices for Nocturnal Animals than for Deadpool

• Like 2

Just now, stripe said:

All those what if are done, IMHO, but then, I remember Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close and I am no longer sure of anything.

How is Deadpool done when it keeps getting precursor nods?  Not saying it's overly likely, but it's not done like Silence is done.

Just now, stripe said:

All those what if are done, IMHO, but then, I remember Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close and I am no longer sure of anything.

Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close opened in December when it didn't have time for buzz to fade, like Sully did with its September release.