grim22

Black Adam | October 21, 2022 | New Line | Don't worry, it's a hit. Dwayne Johnson says so!

We are still using the no one knows the character excuse.

Of all the mcu leads only 5 so far have been B list or higher. Iron man, thor, hulk, cap and spidey.

EVERYONE else has been c list and LOWER. I have been a comic fan for over 20 years. Calling ant man c list would be a stretch. Shang chi would only dream to be D+LIST

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Jeight said:

We are still using the no one knows the character excuse.

Of all the mcu leads only 5 so far have been B list or higher. Iron man, thor, hulk, cap and spidey.

EVERYONE else has been c list and LOWER. I have been a comic fan for over 20 years. Calling ant man c list would be a stretch. Shang chi would only dream to be D+LIST

I am confused, how exactly did the intro Thor, ant-man etc films perform ?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, excel1 said:

I am confused, how exactly did the intro Thor, ant-man etc films perform ?

Making profit and hovering in the 400-500 range in a different landscape.

Are we acting like a 500 gross on a 200 budget +150on marketing is good for BA?

• Like 2

Moderation: @WittyUsername If you have an issue with a users posts then please either put them on ignore or report any posts that break forum rules rather than being unnecessarily confrontational. Also there is nothing wrong with bringing up comparisons to other CBM movies if they are the only relevant comparisons. It's not like we have a blanket ban on discussing MCU/DC movies in each others threads as long as it is done in a non trollish manner

So Wittyusername and Jeight, drop it or take it to DM;s

I was pretty optimistic on the film's prospects (as can be seen since I joined a couple bullish clubs for it) but as we got closer to release I could see that the buzz wasn't building up much. At this point I would be surprised if the film matched what I thought it would do initially but it's not like I really mind.

I wonder if Rock + CBM flopping will result in a downward spiral for Rock that he can’t really recover from. It happens to basically every action Star not named Tom Cruise eventually. He hasn’t really had any major breakouts and the successes he’s had were him joining somebody else’s IP. 

I think the Rock needs to test himself out of his comfort zone.

I seen an interesting thing about someone comparing The Rock to Arnold Schwarzenegger. Both have about the same level of acting ability imo but when comparing movies, the Rock has no films like Terminator, Predator or Total Recall.

He needs to change it up if he wants people to take him a bit more seriously.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cappoedameron said:

Yet people will still say Zaslav isn't a problem with WB...

I hate Twitter’s obsession with Rotten Tomatoes. The movie didn’t even open in the U.S. yet and they’re already treating it as a failure. Of course, reviews are relevant, and can potentially hurt a movie’s box office, but a lot of people just look at the RT score as the measure for success, and it makes no sense. These movies are made to sell tickets (and streaming subscriptions).

13 minutes ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

I wonder if Rock + CBM flopping will result in a downward spiral for Rock that he can’t really recover from. It happens to basically every action Star not named Tom Cruise eventually. He hasn’t really had any major breakouts and the successes he’s had were him joining somebody else’s IP. 

I feel like Jumanji 2 should sort of count as an example of what you’re talking about. Yeah, it’s a sequel, but I don’t think expectations were all that high without Robin Williams. 

2 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I feel like Jumanji 2 should sort of count as an example of what you’re talking about. Yeah, it’s a sequel, but I don’t think expectations were all that high without Robin Williams. 

Mm true true. He was the catalyst for that. But still it had a loaded lead 4 of a cast. 

8 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I hate Twitter’s obsession with Rotten Tomatoes. The movie didn’t even open in the U.S. yet and they’re already treating it as a failure. Of course, reviews are relevant, and can potentially hurt a movie’s box office, but a lot of people just look at the RT score as the measure for success, and it makes no sense. These movies are made to sell tickets (and streaming subscriptions).

Not to mention that the RT isn’t even that bad. So bizzare that because it has 55% on RT that it’s a flop, but if it had 60% it would be okay…

I think it’s quite clear this movie’s audience is not on Twitter though.

• Like 1