cannastop

Best Animated Feature - 2017

11 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

You literally attack other people's opinions if the movie they're criticizing isn't from Disney and/or has a big box office gross.

You act like your opinions matters way more than mine and laughs when i think differently, lol.

And come on....be honest. You are a Disney-fanboy, aren’t you?

1 minute ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

You act like your opinions matters way more than mine and laughs when i think differently, lol.

And come on....be honest. You are a Disney-fanboy, aren’t you?

No. I could give two fucks about what any animation studio is doing these days.

Edited by WrathOfHan

8 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

He gave The Emoji Movie a positive rating

Well, i didn’t say it was the greatest animated film of that year nor is it that good....(No way, josé). I just thought it was passable & harmless. It’s what it is.

For every mass hater of that film....there’s gotta be someone who can sit through it.

20 hours ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Oh sure... :rolleyes:

When a Disney/Pixar-film gets nominated for Best Animated Feature, everybody cheers.....but when Non-Disney/Pixar films from Blue-Sky or Illumination gets a nomination....everybody gets grouchy like hell.

In terms of big grossing animated films....i rather have a variety from other animation studios than having films from the exact same studio hogging all the Oscar-attention (I’m looking at you, Disney!).

It's really not bias. Disney usually makes excellent films that almost everybody loves. A couple of the mainstream studios like Dreamworks and Warner Animation have also made amazing films that are worthy of nominations and even wins. I personally actively rooted for The Lego Movie to win in 2015. But when something like The Boss Baby gets nominated...it just kills the mood and excitement. Sure, I watched it with my friend just for shits and giggles, and I had a little fun watching it, but it's in no way worthy of an Oscar nomination...

5 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

Yeah because I'm sure Boss Baby and Ferdinand DESERVED to be nominated over Lego Batman, Lego Ninjago, Captain Underpants, Mary and the Witch's Flower, and pretty much all of the foreign releases that were considered for the award this year. 

Uh...they definitely deserved a nom over Lego Ninjago.

20 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

Yeah because I'm sure Boss Baby and Ferdinand DESERVED to be nominated over Lego Batman, Lego Ninjago, Captain Underpants, Mary and the Witch's Flower, and pretty much all of the foreign releases that were considered for the award this year. 

*remembers A Silent Voice and In This Corner of the World, and sniffles*

Edited by slambros
  • Like 1

So I'm watching The Boss Baby right now and I can see why it was nominated, because it's a kind of surreality that's not too OTT for them. It's not hyper self aware like Lego Movie or to a lesser extent, Captain Underpants. It sticks to the surrealness of it's own world instead of smart-ass nods to the real world, and I can kind of appreciate it.

• Like 1