cannastop

Best Animated Feature - 2017

http://deadline.com/2017/11/coco-despicable-me-3-cars-3-animation-features-oscars-2018-1202205865/

“The Big Bad Fox & Other Tales”
“Birdboy: The Forgotten Children”
“The Boss Baby”
“The Breadwinner”
“Captain Underpants The First Epic Movie”
“Cars 3”
“Cinderella the Cat”
“Coco”
“Despicable Me 3”
“The Emoji Movie”
“Ethel & Ernest”
“Ferdinand”
“The Girl without Hands”
“In This Corner of the World”
“The Lego Batman Movie”
“The Lego Ninjago Movie”
“Loving Vincent”
“Mary and the Witch’s Flower”
“Moomins and the Winter Wonderland”
“My Entire High School Sinking into the Sea”
“Napping Princess”
“A Silent Voice”
“Smurfs: The Lost Village”
“The Star”
“Sword Art Online: The Movie – Ordinal Scale”
“Window Horses The Poetic Persian Epiphany of Rosie Ming”

I haven't heard of maybe three of these.

• Like 3

I know there's no chance MLP would've gotten in and I don't think it's a very good movie but it still offends me as a fan that Lionsgate didn't even think enough of it to bother campaigning, especially with Emoji and Smurfs' presence. 

As far as original songs go I maintain that most of them are still good if evaluated solely on their own merits but the movie didn't do much to justify their place in the story. I wouldn't blame the academy for ignoring them as they most likely will.

This category is still Coco's to lose. If this were "Best Family Movie" though it would be having some serious competition from Paddington.

Edited by tribefan695

On 11/9/2017 at 4:05 PM, slambros said:

When the credits began to roll, I waited until the other attendees (a single digit numbers of moviegoers for sure) left the auditorium. Then, I got up from my chair, went down on my knees, and prayed to God. I cried as I asked Jesus for help with something the film revealed to me as a personal problem (explaining the moment in depth would spoil the film).

sounds like a pretty good movie and also this is insane.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

sounds like a pretty good movie and also this is insane.

Well, I have a renewed mind, man. I don't mind giving glory to God wherever I go.

And there's a reason I was literally brought to my knees because of this film; I can't say that about any other film. Find the time to see it, and you might understand why a Christian like me might have that sort of reaction.

9 hours ago, That One Guy said:

I really loved Blade Runner 2049 but after the movie was over I did not get on my knees and pray to God for having witnessed such a great film

Me neither. But maybe, we should at least thank God for such an ability to tell stories in a beautiful way; the ability to piece together images in a way that tells a story. This is something to be grateful for! And that's part of the reason why emotion overtook me when I saw A Silent Voice! Filmmakers were stitched together and given the ability to make such beautiful artwork! And at night, knowing that God's given me a beautiful purpose in life, I pray for God to lead me through the vast possibilities of my life so that he puts me right where he wants me, right where I'll be fulfilled. Even having the ability to write, even having the ability to imagine, is, to my belief, something that is bestowed by our God! And based on this fact, I couldn't be happier about it!

And I'm sure that God, who cares for you, has given you an equally beautiful purpose for your life if you choose to seek it!

Edited by slambros

9 minutes ago, slambros said:

Me neither. But maybe, we should at least thank God for such an ability to tell stories in a beautiful way; the ability to piece together images in a way that tells a story. This is something to be grateful for! And that's part of the reason why emotion overtook me when I saw A Silent Voice! Filmmakers were stitched together and given the ability to make such beautiful artwork! And at night, knowing that God's given me a beautiful purpose in life, I pray for God to lead me through the vast possibilities of my life so that he puts me right where he wants me, right where I'll be fulfilled. Even having the ability to write, even having the ability to imagine, is, to my belief, something that is bestowed by our God! And based on this fact, I couldn't be happier about it!

And I'm sure that God, who cares for you, has given you an equally beautiful purpose for your life if you choose to seek it!

I do not believe in God.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, That One Guy said:

I do not believe in God.

You're missing out, man. You're missing out on joy, fulfillment, and God's beautiful plan for your life on Earth.

Would you be open to a private-message chat where I tell you why I believe in God? I'd love to talk to you about my beliefs and do my best to answer any question you might have about Christianity.

Edited by slambros
  • ...wtf 1

1 minute ago, slambros said:

You're missing out, man. You're missing out on joy, fulfillment, and God's beautiful plan for your life on Earth.

Would you be open to a private-message chat where I tell you why I believe in God? I'd love to talk to you about my beliefs and do my best to answer ant question you might have about Christianity.

Dude, I don’t wanna turn this into the religion thread, but you can’t force me to believe in anything.  I don’t believe in god.  End of discussion.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Dude, I don’t wanna turn this into the religion thread, but you can’t force me to believe in anything.  I don’t believe in god.  End of discussion.

Okay. You can always PM me if you ever have any questions, but I'll stop putting the thread off its topic. God bless you, man.

This year would've been more exciting of a year without the voting change for sure. But if they were planning on implementing it in order to cater more towards the casual audiences, this was a good year to start.

It would've been Coco plus four indies, man.