Alli

WEEKEND THREAD! FRI #s: Lego: 8M: 50SD: 6.6M: GW: 5.8: JW2: 4.1 (pg 8)

14 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Agreed on the whole dial down on jokes a bit.

The rapid fire jokes were a common criticism of The Lego Batman Movie even from those who loved it, Lego Movie had similar issues and Storks to a lesser extent. I do get it because I think you need to give the audience time to appreciate a gag

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ACSlater said:

Just came back from seeing Great Wall at BFI Imax and grabbing a few drinks afterwards...

All I can say is wtf Matt damon...did you blow through Bourne money already?

So, I just saw John Wick 2 with my dad and we both absolutely adored it, better than the first, we'll be there for the third. Just loved it.

Now, why am I quoting you, you ask? Well, there was a trailer for the Great Wall before it and my father freaking loved it so guess who's probably watching that next week?

:sadben:

Is it really that bad?

1 hour ago, ACSlater said:

Just came back from seeing Great Wall at BFI Imax and grabbing a few drinks afterwards...

All I can say is wtf Matt damon...did you blow through Bourne money already?

Best movie of the year.

36 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

So, I just saw John Wick 2 with my dad and we both absolutely adored it, better than the first, we'll be there for the third. Just loved it.

Now, why am I quoting you, you ask? Well, there was a trailer for the Great Wall before it and my father freaking loved it so guess who's probably watching that next week?

:sadben:

Is it really that bad?

It's not that bad

Spoiler

It's not very good either

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, robertman2 said:

I kinda want WAG to do a Gremlins movie

Yes!! But I wonder about the tone, will it be dark like Laika but with humor or constant slapstick. Chris McKay already did a Gremlins sketch.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

What if he loves it more than JW2? :ph34r: 

:kitschjob:

Well, knowing him? He'll probably love it just as much as he loved JW2. I mean, he compared that trailer to Warcraft and he really enjoyed that, so...

Spoiler

I did enjoy Warcraft as well...

:ph34r:

If he liked Warcraft, he'll probably enjoy this.

Like honestly, no BS, it's like a C/C+ movie. It's a really surreal experience if only because so much effort and resources to make a Chinese focused blockbuster, creating these giant sets and costumes, get Matt Damon, is all put into making....a monster movie. It's really weird, but at the same time, you can't help but enjoy the fact that it exists? Never once have I ever thought "Man, how awesome would it be to see Matt Damon as a master archer in 13th Century China fighting Monsters?" but the Gods were like "Hold my beer"

And Zhang Yimou eye candy never hurts.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 13

11 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Yes!! But I wonder about the tone, will it be dark like Laika but with humor or constant slapstick. Chris McKay already did a Gremlins sketch.

Gremlins 2 should be the tone. Just go full ridiculous like that masterpiece

32 minutes ago, Spaghetti by the Sea said:

I could easily see Rock Dog and Collide missing the top 10 next weekend. In the case of the former, the last time a wide release animated film missed the top 10 was, erm, DELGO.

Collide is gonna do horrifically bad next weekend. Like, Billy Lynn bad.