CJohn

Friday Numbers (The Vow: 15.4M; Safe House: 13.8M; Star Wars 3D: 8.7M; Journey 2: 6.6M)

Nikki just updated. Interestingly, she increased the Friday number for Phantom Menace, but decreased the weekend number, LOL. Anyway, here's her latest:

Safe House - $14M Friday, $38M wknd

The Vow - $13M Friday, $36M wknd

TPM - $12M Friday, $28M wknd

Journey 2 - $5M Friday, $18M wknd

Posted Image

I'm so bipolar today. Freaking early numbers

Fantastic for TPM. :)

Great number for Safe House and Good number for The Vow.

The number for Journey is ok given the other three did huge numbers and not much was expected from it to begin with.

Edited by jb007

Once again, how the HECK is this "fantastic" for TPM? It's going to be SUPER-frontloaded, it has no BD to promote, and the advertising was, like, summer-blockbuster caliber. Super Bowl ad, cross-promotions, and TV galore. How is a #3 OW and 50m or 60m "fantastic"?I'm not getting this. I thought everybody on the internet was a "hater" or whatever, but instead all I'm reading is this bizarre rationalization for a middling performance. Where are these mythical "hater" hordes and what do you call the reams of exclamation mark brigades.

TPM will increase on Saturday. Worst case, it stays flat Saturday, drops to about 8/9m Sunday and still does 31-33m. I'm seeing tomorrow with my wife and son.

Good for you guys.Anyway, I don't know where you got this info, but I see it basically the other way around: plateauing at today's figures, then dropping like a rock come Monday and never heard from again.

Once again, how the HECK is this "fantastic" for TPM?It's going to be SUPER-frontloaded, it has no BD to promote, and the advertising was, like, summer-blockbuster caliber. Super Bowl ad, cross-promotions, and TV galore. How is a #3 OW and 50m or 60m "fantastic"?I'm not getting this. I thought everybody on the internet was a "hater" or whatever, but instead all I'm reading is this bizarre rationalization for a middling performance. Where are these mythical "hater" hordes and what do you call the reams of exclamation mark brigades.

Why is it fantastic?All we have heard over the last month is that TPM has no buzz and bad WOM finally will catch this time, 3D conversion is no good etc.Inspite of all this negativity it has had an excellent OD. That would be fantastic also considering 95% of the predictions had it less than $21m for the weekend..

Once again, how the HECK is this "fantastic" for TPM?It's going to be SUPER-frontloaded, it has no BD to promote, and the advertising was, like, summer-blockbuster caliber. Super Bowl ad, cross-promotions, and TV galore. How is a #3 OW and 50m or 60m "fantastic"?I'm not getting this. I thought everybody on the internet was a "hater" or whatever, but instead all I'm reading is this bizarre rationalization for a middling performance. Where are these mythical "hater" hordes and what do you call the reams of exclamation mark brigades.

It may not be "fantastic", but it's damn close. One thing it's not is "middling".

Why is it fantastic?All we have heard over the last month is that TPM has no buzz and bad WOM finally will catch this time, 3D conversion is no good etc.Inspite of all this negativity it has had an excellent OD. That would be fantastic also considering 95% of the predictions had it less than $21m for the weekend..

"All we heard"? Who is "we"? Who are you speaking on behalf of? And when you claim that everybody said there was "no buzz", who are those people and how did you determine that they speak for everybody?HSX has had it high 20's all week. Deadline had a poll which ranged from 20m to 50m, and the weighted average would be right around 30m. So....where are you getting this information, exactly?It sounds like your taking your own personal sampling of things - which sure as heck doesn't sync up with mine - and then claiming that they represent some mythical overarching edict or something. I saw commercials all over the place, and a freaking SUPER BOWL ad....for a re-release! You can't get more "buzz" than that, chief.Anyway, it'll close out with under 60 and it probably cost double that to make and market, so I'm still perplexed by all these claims of triumph.

It may not be "fantastic", but it's damn close. One thing it's not is "middling".

Thanks for your opinion.How much would you say that this thing cost to produce and release? I mean, it's probably been the most heavily-advertised movie so far in 2012 - definitely based upon the TV commercials I see. I don't understand how a #3 OW and 60m total (estimate) is this triumph.What's happening is people are locking themselves into opinions. When the dust settles and you have an average re-release figure, people are still going to be claiming it was "fantastic" because they started saying that and then they can't just back up and say, "My bad. I jumped the gun there."