CJohn

Friday Numbers (The Vow: 15.4M; Safe House: 13.8M; Star Wars 3D: 8.7M; Journey 2: 6.6M)

Crazy Friday! The Vow and Safe House #'s are really, really impressive and how could they be so off with TPM, last nights est started at like $13m?? Anyway, the great box office run of 2012 continues and that's great to see.

Does he make you wear the RIng?

He has the ring in a dark hidden room. Nobody can talk about it. He wants to forget about is existance :lol:The first time I made a joke about GL he made me use the ring. I never talked about GL again. Edited by CJohn

From THR

"The Vow earned $15.4 million Friday, followed by Safe House with $13.8 million. Many box office observers believe Safe House will begin to close the gap on Saturday, since The Vow could be more front loaded.

One advantage Safe House has -- an A- CinemaScore, versus a B CinemaScore for The Vow. Also, Safe House is playing much more evenly than expected among the genders, with females making up 48 percent of Friday night’s audience. Females made up a whopping 74 percent of The Vow’s audience.

In terms of age, Safe House is skewing older, however, with 81 percent of Friday night’s audience over the age of 25, compared to 55 percent for The Vow."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/the-vow-safe-house-star-wars-journey-2-box-office-289516

So the lowest estimated film at #10 has $2.2m if I read that right in the OP.

Underworld Awakening just drops out of the Top 10? I know it had a 900 theater loss and all but it was Top 5 for three weeks and it just totally drops off? I was thinking it would finish at worst in the 10th slot at best 9.

I await the finals, I'm thinking UA shows back up at #10.

Good for the 3 $30m openers provided that all holds as well.

So the lowest estimated film at #10 has $2.2m if I read that right in the OP.

Underworld Awakening just drops out of the Top 10? I know it had a 900 theater loss and all but it was Top 5 for three weeks and it just totally drops off? I was thinking it would finish at worst in the 10th slot at best 9.

I await the finals, I'm thinking UA shows back up at #10.

Good for the 3 $30m openers provided that all holds as well.

It'll be two 30 mill openers. SW should do about 25.