CJohn

The Oscars 2017 on ABC | 89th Academy Awards | Discuss It Live Here | Super Sale to Honor the Steve Harvey moment! (p124)

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

i didn't see him get up.:ph34r:

Then for him to die he would of had to shatter every bone in his body, rupture the heart and then have an aneurysm or something.  Possible, I guess. :)

• Like 1

Just now, baumer said:

Then for him to die he would of had to shatter every bone in his body, rupture the heart and then have an aneurysm or something.  Possible, I guess. :)

you underestimate the terminator. he was probably thrown so hard every organ in his torso tumbled around like it was in dryer!

Just now, GiantCALBears said:

If Moonlight wins (given that's the only alternative) would it be as big of an upset as Crash?

Manchester by the Sea and Moonlight are the only threats to La La Land. Honestly, it'd be happy with any of these three going home with the award.

Emma Roberts' dress, yeesh. Wardrobe malfunction waiting to happen.

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

jackman's opening number is one of the only times i've actually enjoyed a performance at the oscars. his The Reader bit reflects everyone here's thoughts on it. still crack up at that.

"I'M WOLVERINEEEE" still kills me every time. I haven't seen a better Oscar host, that's for sure.

No wonder they want him back.

Edited by Arlborn

Just now, filmlover said:

Manchester by the Sea and Moonlight are the only threats to La La Land. Honestly, it'd be happy with any of these three going home with the award.

Emma Roberts' dress, yeesh. Wardrobe malfunction waiting to happen.

Manchester By the Sea is actually a slight betting underdog vs Hidden Figures so aka no chance. Moonlight looks to be about 5/1 to win. Spotlight was 3/1 last year if I remember correctly.

2005 had Brokeback, Munich, Good Luck/Good Night, and Capote. That's 4/5 of pretty great Oscar noms, though I recognize none of those movies (except maybe Brokeback) is universally loved. It was a strong year for what I like, though. 

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

2005 strikes me as a pretty bad year for movies.

I've never heard anyone just talk about Brokeback Mountain as a great movie, without mentioning an Oscar snub. And everyone shits on Crash.

A History of Violence should have swept. Picture, Director, Actor, Actress, Screenplay. The fact that it was only nominated for two Oscars...

• Like 1

Just now, Jake Gittes said:

A History of Violence should have swept. Picture, Director, Actor, Actress, Screenplay. The fact that it was only nominated for two Oscars...

So much this! Great to see another huge HOV fan. One of my 15 favorite movies of the 21st century so far. Didn't even come close, sadly. 

• Like 1