CJohn

The Oscars 2017 on ABC | 89th Academy Awards | Discuss It Live Here | Super Sale to Honor the Steve Harvey moment! (p124)

Just now, grim22 said:

Amy Adams holocaust movie will happen eventually. Although, I do think Holocaust based movies have slowly started dwindling in number, might be something to do with the fact that every holocaust movie that comes out now is immediately called Oscar bait putting it on the backfoot from the start.

Amy Adams in a movie about the movies.  And the movie within the movie about the Trump's immigration policies.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Oh yeah, Macfarlane hosted the Oscars. Thank god Zadan and Meron are done with producing the Oscars, they seemed to think they were producing the Tonys or something. For 2 people who love musicals, they have no idea how to stage one nor produce a show which can support musical performances.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Amy Adams holocaust movie will happen eventually. Although, I do think Holocaust based movies have slowly started dwindling in number, might be something to do with the fact that every holocaust movie that comes out now is immediately called Oscar bait putting it on the backfoot from the start.

I was actually halfway expecting Son of Saul to get Picture & Director nominations last year a la Amour. SPC probably just didn't push it enough.

Just now, grim22 said:

Oh yeah, McFarlane hosted the Oscars. Thank god Zadan and Meron are done with producing the Oscars, they seemed to think they were producing the Tonys or something. For 2 people who love musicals, they have no idea how to stage one nor produce a show which can support musical performances.

These are the same people that gave us Smash (the show that pretty much invented the term "hate-watching"). Of course their Oscar ceremonies were a fucking disaster.

Just now, DAR said:

Amy Adams in a movie about the movies.  And the movie within the movie about the Trump's immigration policies.

when amy adams holocaust movie fails.... amy adams in a biopic about amy adams trying to win an oscar by making a holocaust movie. also it's a musical maybe.

• Like 1

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

i thought seth macfarlane was the funniest host of recent times. i guess for a lot of "oscar people" they aren't into that humour and it didn't play well in the room but he was killing me.

He was okay. Better than the Franco/Hathaway mess and NPH, that's for sure.

5 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Brokeback Mountain is one of those examples. You would think it would be a perfect film for the Academy and it "deserved" to win IMO. Booooom Crash, goodnight everyone.

Except Munich was better than either that year

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i thought seth macfarlane was the funniest host of recent times. i guess for a lot of "oscar people" they aren't into that humour and it didn't play well in the room but he was killing me.

The joke about Lincoln's assassination made me laugh so hard but apparently people were outraged by it.  ???

• Like 2