franfar

The Post | Ensemble Cast with Tom Hanks & Meryl Streep | Spielberg | Pentagon Papers Film....Dec 22 2017 | Trailer on p.11

2 hours ago, That One Guy said:

I'm scared of seeing this by myself.  It'll be like being stuck in a retirement home.

Watching movies with old people is the best.  They mostly shut up, except for an occasional snore and "Who's that guy Barbara?" "He's the main character Walter, shut up and watch the damn movie!" "Oh okay... But who's that guy?"

• Like 1

Just now, The Panda said:

Watching movies with old people is the best.  They mostly shut up, except for an occasional snore and "Who's that guy Barbara?" "He's the main character Walter, shut up and watch the damn movie!" "Oh okay... But who's that guy?"

Come to my area and you will find out that isn't the case 60% of the times :gold: 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Come to my area and you will find out that isn't the case 60% of the times :gold: 

I was mostly being facetious.  Old people are louder than 5 year old children.  Especially since half of them have phones but don't know how to turn them on silent or deny a call.

Edited by The Panda
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, The Panda said:

I was mostly being facetious.  Old people are louder than 5 year old children.  Especially since half of them have phones but don't know how to turn them on silent or deny a call.

My favorite part of Deepwater Horizon was that 60 year old lady on her flip phone half the time

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

The moment that broke me with seniors at the movies was at Wind River when

Spoiler

the teen girl was getting raped and some old bitch three seats down yelled "OH MY GOD" when the rest of the audience (FOR ONCE IN THAT MOMENT) and film itself was basically dead silent.

That shit ANGERED THE FUCK OUT OF ME. Plus, y'know, the entire audience of seniors basically got very loud in the third act and laughed at so much serious stuff.

• ...wtf 1

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

My favorite "old people at the movies" moment was when Matthew Broderick appeared in Manchester by the Sea. Everybody let out a very loud "ohhh" for some reason. :lol:

Same thing happened at my theater. To be fair though, even I didn't know he was going to be in this until he appeared in the movie.

7 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

My favorite part of Deepwater Horizon was that 60 year old lady on her flip phone half the time

This happened in a showing of either Fences or Manchester by the Sea (can't remember) for me.

It's during a part where there's quite a bit of loud profanity.  A phone starts ringing, you hear an old dude pick it up and yell, "Hello!  No, I'm not saying shit, I'm at a movie, it's the movie.  I can't talk right now, I'm in a movie."

2 minutes ago, MrPink said:

I generally love any kind of audience reaction. Still love when some lady whispered "AW SHIT THAT'S TWO FACE" when Harvey Dent finally turned his head in The Dark Knight.

Y'all should've been there on opening night of Transformer 2 when some teenage dude got up and did the "we're not worthy" bow at the close-up of Megan Fox's ass hunched over the motorcycle.

Just now, The Panda said:

This happened in a showing of either Fences or Manchester by the Sea (can't remember) for me.

It's during a part where there's quite a bit of loud profanity.  A phone starts ringing, you hear an old dude pick it up and yell, "Hello!  No, I'm not saying shit, I'm at a movie, it's the movie.  I can't talk right now, I'm in a movie."

I don't really encounter phones ringing that often. It's only happened to me twice this year at Orient Express and The Big Sick. The worst part is when they don't silence it and the person calls them back :gold: 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Weirdest crowd reaction was when a group next to me left Alien (1986) when they realised it was not Alien: Covenant (2017).

Not sure if that counts as a reaction but still. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THOSE PEOPLE.

Error: movie does not exist. 

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • ...wtf 1

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

My best audience reaction was last year at Rogue One during the Kong trailer when some guy just yelled "HARAMBE!!!!" for Kong's first shot. A good chunk of the theater was laughing their asses off :lol: 

Trailer reactions are the best kind, because for those you really don't care so the humor works.  I definitely get annoyed though when a wannabe narrator decides he needs to make loud attempts at jokes throughout the film for everyone to hear.

• Thanks 1

My all time favorite old people moment was Any Given Sunday.  There's a locker room scene where a black guy is fully naked and his dong is out there.  The three 75+ women in front of me gasped and said oh goodness.

Ok it was also awkward because my mom was sitting next to me

• Haha 3