franfar

The Post | Ensemble Cast with Tom Hanks & Meryl Streep | Spielberg | Pentagon Papers Film....Dec 22 2017 | Trailer on p.11

Films sounds great, though I never doubted Spielberg for a second.

24 minutes ago, Dexter of Suburbia said:

I am loving the sounds of the reviews.

Social media tweets not reviews, which are almost the same thing, but not. There aren't any reviews yet. 

36 minutes ago, The Panda said:

Given the subject matter, I reckon The Futurist's not blabbering on nonsense at all.

Nope.

Nope, TF is trying to make a very important point, we're just not meant to really understand it. 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Films sounds great, though I never doubted Spielberg for a second.

Social media tweets not reviews, which are almost the same thing, but not. There aren't any reviews yet. 

Nope, he's trying to make a very serious "point", that we're all clearly missing. 

I guess I should have said twitter reviews since it is not an official reviews

Edited by Dexter of Suburbia

So members of the press are in ecstasy over a Hollywood love letter glorifying the press? LOL. Have to admit that is playing the Oscar game at a very high level. But I soured on Speilberg tremendously over the years. Bridge of Spies was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. He exaggerates and distorts history too often. The joke here is no degree of distortion or oversimplification will matter because it will alll play to the press's self-admiration, which in turn will rave about the film's brilliance and timeliness like the perfect circlejerk. But then again maybe Speilberg will surprise. Possibily.   

Edited by straggler
  • ...wtf 1

8 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Soooo nomination #895840373 for Streep and oscar #4?It's a good bet.It would be gret of probably the two greatest actors working right now (Hanks and Streep) would win in the same night,for the same movie no less.

It is too early. We need to see the actual reviews. But it is set up right, a film the celebrates Hollywood's and the press's importance. So could be. 

Edited by straggler

56 minutes ago, straggler said:

So members of the press are in ecstasy over a Hollywood love letter glorifying the press? LOL. Have to admit that is playing the Oscar game at a very high level. But I soured on Speilberg tremendously over the years. Bridge of Spies was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. He exaggerates and distorts history too often. The joke here is no degree of distortion or oversimplification will matter because it will alll play to the press's self-admiration, which in turn will rave about the film's brilliance and timeliness like the perfect circlejerk. But then again maybe Speilberg will surprise. Possibily.   

Yup !

2 hours ago, ShouldIBeHere said:

This looks great.

Already hate how many times this will be called "Oscar-bait" over the next 3 months, though, regardless of its quality.

And after a point, it become almost trivial that an old filmmaker making movies for an old audience will appeal to old filmmaker voters, it will be almost out of nature not too.

4 hours ago, narniadis said:

@AndyK freedom of the press means freedom even with those you disagree with. A common missing understanding amongst today' generation. (For what it is worth Murdoch's type of muckraking is nothing new.) 

THIS.

I despise Murdoch, but shutting him down is not the answer. It would be absoultrly a case of the cure being much worse then the disease.

And Murdoch is doing nothing that William Randolph Hearst did not do.

7 hours ago, straggler said:

And where did this hatred of a free press come from?