franfar

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 | May 5, 2023 | The 9th most profitable film of 2023

39 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

After seeing reception across Asia, I am calling it a new beginning! Phase V might have start slow but should end up better than Phase IV

There is no need for any new beginning. Phase 4 was successful abd 80% of the movies had profit

5 hours ago, Jeight said:

ww84 audience scores are some of the worse in recent years for a cbms.  it has a 5.3 on imdb,  that's worse than suicide squad and on Par with dark phoenix and Morbius. So yes eternal and wuantumania got worse reviews (all 3 are rotten though)  but ww84 audience scores from imdb,  letterboxd and rt are legit the worse a cbm had gotten in the past 4 years

You weren’t talking about audience scores though, you were talking about critics reviews. WW84 had a better CinemaScore than both Eternals and Quantumania and also Dark Phoenix and Morbius. Don’t think it’s a good comparison for those films that were received, overall, more poorly. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

I never realized just how low the Letterboxd score was for WW1984... 2.3 is brutal there. Wow. 

WW84 was good imo. But it also was feminist which pissed off right wing folks, AND it had that weird segment in the middle east, which pissed off a lot of left wing folks. Thus, the score.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, upriser7 said:

The whole Rocket backstory was so freakingly well done. I can't even remember the last time when I felt so emotional while watching a CBM

People said that about Endgame, No way Home and especially Wakanda forever which had people crying before the marvel logo even came on. MCU making emotional films is becoming the norm.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PrinceRico said:

People said that about Endgame, No way Home and especially Wakanda forever which had people crying before the marvel logo even came on. MCU making emotional films is becoming the norm.

I haven't watched BP2 yet...I liked NWH but I didn't find any part in NWH that made me emotional. I also didn't watch the Raimi's Spiderman movies...so nostalgia wasn't a factor for me while watching NWH. I enjoyed IW, EndGame but I can't say I felt as emotional watching those movies while I felt watching GOTG3. GOTG is also my favorite MCU franchise...so that probably helped things I guess

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

WW84 was good imo. But it also was feminist which pissed off right wing folks, AND it had that weird segment in the middle east, which pissed off a lot of left wing folks. Thus, the score.

Very feminist to make your main female hero a rapist. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Krissykins said:

You weren’t talking about audience scores though, you were talking about critics reviews. WW84 had a better CinemaScore than both Eternals and Quantumania and also Dark Phoenix and Morbius. Don’t think it’s a good comparison for those films that were received, overall, more poorly. 

ww84 has worse audience scores than wuantumania and eternal everywhere.  if we add all the thousands of votes from letterboxes or imdb it's a bigger sample than cinemascore.  it's far worse received than either those movies 

• ...wtf 1

7 minutes ago, Jeight said:

ww84 has worse audience scores than wuantumania and eternal everywhere.  if we add all the thousands of votes from letterboxes or imdb it's a bigger sample than cinemascore.  it's far worse received than either those movies 

Do you not understand? You were talking about the critics score and not audience. Black Adam has a 88% RT audience score and Shazam! has a 82% and yet they were both included in your list. The strange part is that Eternals and Ant-Man 3 were not included when those are rotten by critics and have similar to worse audience score than Black Adam and Shazam.

• Thanks 1

I wouldn’t exactly consider WW84 to be a good movie, but I wouldn’t put much stock in the IMDb score. WW84 was a movie that pissed a lot of people off for reasons that weren’t entirely related to quality. 

Anyway, it looks like GotG3 is a crowd pleaser after all. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ChipDerby said:

Nah, it fucking sucked. The Steve Trevor was stuff was not great, and pretty uncomfortable!

2 hours ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

well.... true 👀

Well, if we go by the movies, yes of course. But I still think Marvel has big and amazing plans for Kang. It's just that with all this Jonathan Majors mess, and the possibility of him being recast, the momentum can been very much affected.