Dementeleus

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

1 minute ago, TelemAAchos said:

Until one of them flops.

Then you'll jump off the bandwagon so fast you'd think it was Texas. :ph34r: 

Why would I do that? I'm not one of Disney's shareholder :jeb!:

1 minute ago, Fullbuster said:

Next step : Disneys buys Nintendo out and we get Mario/Link/Pokémon/Fire Emblem/Metroid/Kid Icarus/Yoshi/Luigi movies + a Nintendo Cinematic Universe a la Smash Bros.

Disney probably already tried.

It would make so much sense.

A Mario movie done by Pixar or WDAS ?

FUCK YES.

• Like 4

28 The Dark Tower Columbia Pictures Nikolaj Arcel (director/screenplay); Jeff Pinkner (screenplay); Idris Elba, Matthew McConaughey, Tom Taylor, Abbey Lee Kershaw, Katheryn Winnick, Jackie Earle Haley, Claudia Kim Action, Fantasy, Adventure
USA
[140]
The Coldest City Focus Features David Leitch (director); Kurt Johnstad (screenplay); Charlize Theron, James McAvoy, John Goodman, Sofia Boutella, Toby Jones, Eddie Marsan Thriller
UK, NTH, BUL
[141]
Untitled Disney live-action fairy tale film Walt Disney Pictures   Fantasy
TBA
[142

IMDb (before the forums got blasted) didn't have any leads. @CoolEric258 said it may have been Magic Camp

• Like 1

I just hope the Mary Poppins sequel is amazing so I could get the true life sequel I always wanted....

Sound of Music II -- It would be a musical mixed with the tone and style of The Revenant and 127 Hours because you know taking a bunch of kids with no supplies into the wilderness is going to go OH SO GREAT!!  ?

20 minutes ago, setna said:

ok, thanks for the info

Drive in effect is pretty cool when the new film coming out is big enough. Not a lot of drive ins are. Open this week though. Usually not until May. This is the best example I've seen of the effect, see if you can guess the film http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=weekend&id=johncarterofmars.htm

2 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Next step : Disneys buys Nintendo out and we get Mario/Link/Pokémon/Fire Emblem/Metroid/Kid Icarus/Yoshi/Luigi movies + a Nintendo Cinematic Universe a la Smash Bros.

I think Universal/Illumination is doing Nintendo movies, they have theme park rights.

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

Disney probably already tried.

It would make so much sense.

A Mario movie done by Pixar or WDAS ?

FUCK YES.

At least they should have an agreement, it's a real win-win situation for both of them.

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

3c29ef1bdd0290a6a90bff18c80826eb.png

I knew it...Tele is trying to send subliminal messages that I need to watch Lawrence of Arabia :ph34r:.

If you're gonna watch it, watch it on a big screen like a large TV or home theater. It's gorgeous 

• Like 3

Just now, The Futurist said:

Remember when a Star Wars movie was an

EVENT ?

Doing one Star Wars movie a year is gonna kill, slowly but surely, the mythical nature of the franchise.

I do not

REMEMBER! 

a trend showing the films would COLLAPSE

Just now, YourMother said:

I think Universal/Illumination is doing Nintendo movies, they have theme park rights.

No thanks, Illumination's style is far from Nintendo's style, that wouldn't do it. WDAS can adapt to a Japanese style, Big Hero 6 has been pretty good when it comes to that. Their style would be more in sync and quality would be guaranteed.

Just now, franfar said:
28 The Dark Tower Columbia Pictures Nikolaj Arcel (director/screenplay); Jeff Pinkner (screenplay); Idris Elba, Matthew McConaughey, Tom Taylor, Abbey Lee Kershaw, Katheryn Winnick, Jackie Earle Haley, Claudia Kim Action, Fantasy, Adventure
USA
[140]
The Coldest City Focus Features David Leitch (director); Kurt Johnstad (screenplay); Charlize Theron, James McAvoy, John Goodman, Sofia Boutella, Toby Jones, Eddie Marsan Thriller
UK, NTH, BUL
[141]
Untitled Disney live-action fairy tale film Walt Disney Pictures   Fantasy
TBA
[142

IMDb (before the forums got blasted) didn't have any leads. @CoolEric258 said it may have been Magic Camp

At this point, I don't think there's going to be any movie appearing there. It might've been Magic Camp, but I believe the former just wrapped filming (don't quote me on that though), so it would have to be really rushed to make that deadline and get a decent amount of marketing.

• Like 1