Dementeleus

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

Jurassic World is clearly not too liked on this site. Though it had a 3 multiplier off 208m opening showing audiences liked it. Based on this site though you think movies like Jurassic World are hated and movies like Pacific Rim, Godzilla, and the Ghostbusters remake are some of the most beloved films of recent times

Godzilla and Ghostbusters 2016 are well liked?

2 minutes ago, franfar said:

Don't forget, Lego Ninjago is bound to make 300m DOM

Fixed it, but TBH I'll probably turn into@That One Guy when he stans for Valerian this July, in September stanned for Lego Ninjago.

Edited by YourMother

3 minutes ago, Mango said:

Well I like that you prefer to be optimistic but this is a discussion board. We all have our own opinions about things and we're here to discuss them. Sometimes it just gets out of hand. :lol:

I wouldn't be surprised to find a discussion about Tele hating JW in pretty much every big WE thread in the last couple of years.
Some might call it discussing, others would rather call it spam.

The sad thing is, that all this stuff gets more attention, than RTH posting epic numbers.

Should maybe try to include all the derailments in the thread-title es well, as the off-topic talk seems to be what everybody is interested in on the big weekends.

1 minute ago, Mango said:

I'm 23 not sure if you assumed I were younger or older.

No that was a reference to other posters. I think a lot of people here are younger then me and might not have come from the same era.

Wasn't saying it as a bad thing.

all the comic con people saying ethan hawke is doing a ruby rhod impression in VALERIAN is the reason i might consider giving it a hearty endorsement. baffling why they wouldn't put something like that in the trailer. c'moooon.

• Like 1

Just now, Poseidon said:

I wouldn't be surprised to find a discussion about Tele hating JW in pretty much every big WE thread in the last couple of years.

The sad thing is, that all this stuff gets more attention, than RTH posting epic numbers.

Should maybe try to include all the derailments in the thread-title es well, as the off-topic talk seems to be what everybody is interested in on the big weekends.

Well in my case the numbers are why I'm discussing this stuff. It's a huge number, don't get me wrong. That said I don't like Disney's strategy of copy/paste with these live action remakes and I am not ecstatic they're doing so well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Poseidon said:

What is there else to say about BATB?  "Holy shit that's a huge early number, we'll see how it holds throughout the night" that's all there really is to say.  There are off topic discussions when people are awaiting numbers.  If you actually stayed along for the ride instead of being so uptight about it, you'll learn to like the derailments :).

• Like 1

Godzilla has many people loving it and as many peopla disliking/even hating it. Ghostbusters was never worth the "controversy" to begin with and Pacific Rim is too naive to hate on it. 

6 minutes ago, Eevin said:

If we're being honest here, I actually really love AI...

I remember liking it but I liked Ex Machina more. But two totally different movies.

I think Ex Machina is a pretty realistic take of our times kind of in the way Idiocracy was.