Dementeleus

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

I'm not going to have it with people saying that Get Out is fading.

It is project to drop 38% or less against a 160M+ Opener. 21 Jump Street dropped 43% against The Hunger Games but held very well up for the rest of its run until The Avengers. While GO will face FF8, I'm sure Universal will do drive-ins to fudge its numbers since it will open $100M+ and maybe even above $125M!

Remember Zootopia had a drop in the mid 30s against Batman vs. Superman's opening weekend, before bouncing back for the rest of its run after two weekends of awesome drops in the 20s!!!!

Get Out will be at around $133M by the end of this weekend. With a 4 multiplier after a $13M opener, it should be around $172M! That total almost unheard of for a $30M+ opener outside of the holidays and summer, let alone a horror movie. It was never going to reach $200M with the lack of summer weekdays unless it was going to drop less than 20% every weekend (tough with strong competition), which is unheard especially for a horror film!

I won't say names on who's been bashing on this wonderful run because I'm a respectful person and we can share opinions but saying that GO is disappointing now just because it dropped over 35% (a lot of good horror films like Don't Breathe and Split slipped even worse against less competition when they had to deal with $85M+ openers) is so ludicrous. 

Those are my thoughts.

Edited by BenedictL11
  • Like 1

One thing that I really didn't like in BATB were how it had multiple scenes where it faded to black, when it should've just cut to the next scene.  Maybe I'm the only person who was bothered by that, but it just made the film feel a lot cheaper than it was.  The direction in the movie was pretty bad as a whole, honestly.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, miketheavenger said:

If you think trolls are bad now, wait until June and November. :ph34r:

Every film coming out in June is going to attract a certain kind of fanbase/haters:

-Wonder Woman - DC fanboys

-The Mummy - @WrathOfHan

-Cars 3 - @baumer + the Pixar loonies

-Trans5mers - Bay fanboys

-DM3 - @WrathOfHan again.

Edited by That One Guy

3 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Just because he's Trump supporter (anti Trump btw) doesn't mean he's dumb. That's stereotyping.

Unless you have direct interests in electing him (you sell guns, you have shares in an oil company..and so on..) you definitely cannot be smart and Trump supporter at the same time.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, franfar said:

@Fullbuster there's no need to slander people over their opinion or their choices in real life. This is a movie forum, and also a community, and attitudes like this will only contribute to a more toxic environment.

OK I'll stop there.

3 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Every film coming out in June is going to attract a certain kind of fanbase:

-Wonder Woman - DC fanboys

-The Mummy - @WrathOfHan

-Cars 3 - @baumer + the Pixar loonies

-Trans5mers - Bay fanboys

-DM3 - @WrathOfHan again.

Baumer and WrathOfHan getting triggered in June. Double win.

Also, on the Mummy weekend nobody will give a shit about movies. Everyone will be too focused on McGregor vs Mayweather.

• Like 3

Just now, CJohn said:

Baumer and WrathOfHan getting triggered in June. Double win.

Also, on the Mummy weekend nobody will give a shit about movies. Everyone will be too focused on McGregor vs Mayweather.

Image result for john cena shrinking face gif

fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck

• Like 6