Dementeleus

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

Just now, CJohn said:

I still haven't seen Luke Cage lmao. Fuck these boring Marvel shows.

I WAS SO SURE LUKE CAGE WAS GONNA BE THE GOOD ONE. THEY HAD A GREAT VILLAIN WITH MAHERSHALA ALI AND THEY KILLED HIM OFF FOR SOME RANDOM ASSHOLE LIKE SIX EPISODES DEEP THOSE FUCKING LOSERS

• Like 14

1 minute ago, Outrageous! said:

Here are the current BoxOffice.com Twitter tracking numbers just for today:

1. Beauty and the Beast 208,560
2. Power Rangers 20,453

The ratio is 10 Beauty and the Beast tweets for every 1 Power Rangers tweet.  Beauty and the Beast is obviously expected to peak for discussion this weekend, and the number of PR tweets should increase as its release date nears.  Do canyon sized gaps between the #1 and #2 movies happen often?

Movies are actually discussed quite a bit after they're released.  As people make memes of them, and the various sorts, this is especially true for more viral movies.  See Logan and Get Out still trending fairly high numbers, and they aren't even majorly viral films.

I suspect Beauty and the Beast should stay on top until Fate of the Furious.

Just now, filmlover said:

It's all but guaranteed now, if not always been. Personally I could actually see it end up flopping.

Same tbh. It might go sub-100. They really should've kept it in January.

Iron Fist is great because it makes both the DCU and MCU fanboys lose - DC can't say that Disney is paying critics anymore, and Marvel can't say that everything about the DCU is objectively worse. 

Either way, Logan wins.

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

I WAS SO SURE LUKE CAGE WAS GONNA BE THE GOOD ONE. THEY HAD A GREAT VILLAIN WITH MAHERSHALA ALI AND THEY KILLED HIM OFF FOR SOME RANDOM ASSHOLE LIKE SIX EPISODES DEEP THOSE FUCKING LOSERS

The only good one was Jessica Jones. The two seasons of Daredevil are boring as hell, and the 2nd one is stupid af as well. The fact that I now know Mahershala Ali dies so early probably seals the deal on me never watching it.

• Like 1

Just now, Chewy said:

One of these slow Netflix shows made by the genius behind the Dexter finale starring a GoT shithead just sounds like torture to me

Dexter is the only show I've ever watched that I watched religiously and then full-on stopped due to it going to shit so badly. I heard about what happened in the finale and fuck that shit.

lmao they really hired this trash ass Dexter hack who delivered a garbage Iron Fist show to make ANOTHER Marvel show

White men failing upwards in 2017

• Like 6