kayumanggi

DHD Saturday: 16.4 M THE VOW | 16.5 M SAFE HOUSE | 12.4 M JOURNEY ll | 8.7 M SW l | 5.5 M CHRONICLE

What are people thinking for totals?The Vow 100-110 millionSafe House 100-20 millionJourney 2 80-95 millionStar Wars Episode 1 3D 50-60 million

Around that yes..If J2 is any good it could be higher

Thats the big question.. I doubt it

I remember questioning Ray about budgets and he said he gets them directly from someone at the Studio, whether you trust the studio to give an accurate PB I don't know but I would say 79m is the most accurate figure we will get. Journey will make 200m+ WW and be a pretty successful film financially.The biggest winner of the weekend is definitely The Vow, it will gross well over 100m and likely 175m+ WW on a 30m budget which is fantastic.Safe House will go on to gross 100m from a 40m weekend and 250m WW imo which is amazing for Uni off of a 85m PB.

...and the overseas gross?

We don't know whether the budget is 110M or this newly reported 79M. Secondly a film making less than it's budget domestically isn't generally a great sign of a continuing franchise (Narnia). They get a higher percentage of the grosses domestically. It's not exactly going to be a monster OS. It may do fine depending on what the budget is and what the domestic total ends up being. Edited by Magic

Possibly some crazy uber-fans going to see him but that's not the biggest part. The Rock is the main draw here.

The Rock is becoming a big star. He helped Fast Five. Now Journey 2, and the next is GI Joe next Summer.