kayumanggi

DHD Saturday: 16.4 M THE VOW | 16.5 M SAFE HOUSE | 12.4 M JOURNEY ll | 8.7 M SW l | 5.5 M CHRONICLE

LOL at The Phantom Menace!! That movie was a chore to sit through regularly, now way do I pay extra for 3-D. Seems others agree.

Glad to see Underworld Awakening pop back in at the #10 slot on Saturday and force a weekend revision that it might hold that slot. I called that in the Friday thread. Hoping it holds.

It's hilarious that anyone in their right mind thinks that Josh Hutcherson had anything to do with Journey's success. That film's success or failure rests on the shoulders of The Rock. Now maybe a few people would go to see Vanessa Hudgens in her shorts and tank top...

LOL at The Phantom Menace!! That movie was a chore to sit through regularly, now way do I pay extra for 3-D. Seems others agree.

Glad to see Underworld Awakening pop back in at the #10 slot on Saturday and force a weekend revision that it might hold that slot. I called that in the Friday thread. Hoping it holds.

But how many other re-releases do better than a 20-25 mill opening weekend?

In fact, TPM is doing better than Beauty and the Beast: http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=weekend&id=beautyandthebeast3d.htm

It will do about 50 mill and that is fine for a film that has been on DVD, Blue Ray and plays on Spike TV every two months or so.

The Lion King

it wasn't on Blue Ray. It didn't play on TV that often. And, even if it did, that's one. Can you name another?Look, to me, releasing these in 3D was never going to do the same as the originals did in 97. I always thought that a 20 mill opening weekend would be good for Menace and Clones. It would then ensure that the others get done in 3D. And that's what us SW nerds want, is the chance to see them all on the big screen again.

The point I'm making is that no matter how loved your film is, there is only a certain amount of die hards who will go and spend 15 bucks to see something on the big screen that they have seen on TV and HV before.I hope Titanic proves me wrong about this. I sincerely hope it opens to 40 mill, but Im afraid were all hyping it too much.

I hope Titanic proves me wrong about this. I sincerely hope it opens to 40 mill, but Im afraid were all hyping it too much.

Agreed. TPM's performance this weekend should definitely quell a few Titanic predictions around here. I think it'd very lucky to even do 40m OW.

Agreed. TPM's performance this weekend should definitely quell a few Titanic predictions around here. I think it'd very lucky to even do 40m OW.

But the way you make it sound, 40 mill OW is doable. If it hits 40 mill OW then it will just show that Titanic is in a class by itself. I hope it does, but I think 30 mill is what we should be hoping for.