kayumanggi

DHD Saturday: 16.4 M THE VOW | 16.5 M SAFE HOUSE | 12.4 M JOURNEY ll | 8.7 M SW l | 5.5 M CHRONICLE

The Journey jump isn't surprising. Last year on the same weekend Gnomeo and Juliet had the same jump. Justin Biebers concert movie opened tat weekend and I think it was the only film to drop on Saturday. And the reason The Vow is being predicted to drop 43% is because films had big drops (35-40%) last year on the same day.

Man! Why this didn't happened during Thanksgiving weekend last year? Would love to see all 3 family movies (The Muppets, Hugo and Arhtur Christmas) broke out

Amazing for Journey 2 since almost all predicted it to perform below 20 million

The same question here.

I still think TPM3D is doing fine. At least it didn't drop on Sat. Still, the worse increase among four new releases.I doubt if it stands a chance to break 500M by the end of its run.

Still looking to break $1B WW though.

I think everyone made the new year resolution to watch as many movies as possible or maybe people are feeling more confident in the economy and are spending money on non-essential things like cinema.Edit- According to mojo, The Vow has a production budget of 30 million so it is already a big success and Safe House has a budget of 85 million which means it should also make money for the studio in the long run.

Edited by TLK

I think everyone made the new year resolution to watch as many movies as possible or maybe people are feeling more confident in economy and are spending money on non-essential things like cinema.

We know that can't be true because new year's resolutions last five minutes.

I think everyone made the new year resolution to watch as many movies as possible or maybe people are feeling more confident in the economy and are spending money on non-essential things like cinema.

I think entertainment is a pretty important aspect of our society, so I wouldn't really call it non-essental.