kayumanggi

DHD Saturday: 16.4 M THE VOW | 16.5 M SAFE HOUSE | 12.4 M JOURNEY ll | 8.7 M SW l | 5.5 M CHRONICLE

Hey guys! Im bee93 from box office mojo, ive finally moved here to the BOT family! But anyways, i know its early but if this continues, does anyone else think 2012 can back up there in terms of attendance?

Welcome back...I´m almost 100% that it will.. Huge year comming up

• Founder / Operator

I know i'm not the first to say it but SERIOUSLY?? Where were all these people thanksgiving weekend and last few weeks of December??

Its a crazy theory, but I firmly believe this kind of thing is somewhat cyclic. That's a major reason I've been expecting 2012 to alleviate some of the slump, on top of the fact that it has some arguably more appealing films yet to come than 2010 and 2011 offered.

But how many other re-releases do better than a 20-25 mill opening weekend?

In fact, TPM is doing better than Beauty and the Beast: http://boxofficemojo...dthebeast3d.htm

It will do about 50 mill and that is fine for a film that has been on DVD, Blue Ray and plays on Spike TV every two months or so.

Star Wars isn't "like" other franchises. Doing "what was achieved of others" is not even the low bar. Star Wars is it's own beast with it's own set of standards. Performing "like the others" is not an achievement.

I could see the next 2 weeks take a fall, will see many 'worst attended years in decades.' Don't worry March 2 will pick things up again

I agree with the exception of Act of Valor. I wouldn't be surprised if all next weeks openers fall under 25M.
  • Like 1