FlashMaster659

WEEKEND THREAD | Official Weekend Estimates: Beauty and the Beast - 88.3M; Power Rangers - 40.5M; Life - 12.6M; Other Numbers First Post. Gokira has been threadbanned.

Just now, Xillix said:

...isn't listening to Asgard or Deadline a moot point even BEFORE Friday numbers come out on Deadline? Their PR estimate for Friday from earlier was for $14m, which is exactly in line with Asgard's $13-15m projection anyway >.>

Nice analysis. Welcome here.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Matrix4You said:

I enjoyed Life alot. 

Could we like vote or something about not having opening weekend movies being spoiled in the weekend #'s thread anymore.  Like at all.  Even under spoiler tags.

You cannot spoil a movie at all in these threads. The only way you're allowed to is in spoiler tags.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Gokira2012 said:

Saw power rangers with my mom she gave it 10\10

38 minutes ago, Gokira2012 said:

Power rangers is Oscar worthy and is gonna do 250 dom

36 minutes ago, Gokira2012 said:

Power rangers is doing 60 mm + ow

32 minutes ago, Gokira2012 said:

That 13  to 15 number for power rangers is b.s.

30 minutes ago, Gokira2012 said:

Wait until tomm numbers

Explosive, momo

u are a troll from superhero hype and ranged crew, 

29 minutes ago, Gokira2012 said:

Where are you getting these bs power rangers numbers

27 minutes ago, Gokira2012 said:

Where are you getting these numbers, haters

25 minutes ago, Gokira2012 said:

Power rangers is not flopping you have no source for these numbers

23 minutes ago, Gokira2012 said:

Did deadline post power rangers od...... No

You guys are sick for not citing a credible source

20 minutes ago, Gokira2012 said:

Power rangers od is gonna be 18+

19 minutes ago, Gokira2012 said:

Asgard really 

Lol...OK bro

17 minutes ago, Gokira2012 said:

Power rangers is doing 45 min

14 minutes ago, Gokira2012 said:

Going to sleep so I can wake up tomm when deadline post numbers so I can laugh in your faces

6 minutes ago, Gokira2012 said:

What time does deadline post Fri numbers

3 minutes ago, Gokira2012 said:

Asgard is wrong

Condensed into one post for maximum reading experience.

• Like 13

Deadline has sources at the studios giving them numbers. So they're getting second hand information. 

Rth can can look at the actual numbers any damn time he wants. 

His face is the source. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, baumer said:

You cannot spoil a movie at all in these threads. The only way you're allowed to is in spoiler tags.

i was wondering about taking it a step further and not having spoilers underneath the tags on OW.  Like how BatB was conducted last weekend.  That was you cant just see a movie on Thursday night and immediately post about it on weekend #'s thread, but go to the review the movies thread.

• Like 1

I wonder how get out's hold, the movie faced too much competition, until its theater count keep dropping to a point that gross is more than kingsman and gone girl at the same point of time, but number of theater was much lesser.......

Get out is a rare original film that break out, and plenty of gas inside its strength, theater should take care more  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Matrix4You said:

i was wondering about taking it a step further and not having spoilers underneath the tags on OW.  Like how BatB was conducted last weekend.  That was you cant just see a movie on Thursday night and immediately post about it on weekend #'s thread, but go to the review the movies thread.

Ill mention it to the other mods

@TelemAAchos what do u think?

• Like 1

Full disclosure: I'm a huge Power Rangers fan and I'm disappointed in these numbers too. I full well know that anecdotal evidence is worth jack but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited when my Thursday night screening sold out. It was at the back of my mind that I could be seeing front-loading in action and I didn't want to believe it, but if that's how it plays out then that's how it goes. All told a mid-30s / low-40s weekend is in line with long-term projections and, if not a hit, at least not a complete embarrassment. There's a difference between being disappointed and HOPING something crazy will happen with the Friday to weekend ratio or the weekend to total multiplier, which my less logical faculties still are, and outright rejecting reality. That's just making it harder on yourself.

So yes, I'm sad that sequel prospects aren't great. But I'll live.

• Like 2