FlashMaster659

WEEKEND THREAD | Official Weekend Estimates: Beauty and the Beast - 88.3M; Power Rangers - 40.5M; Life - 12.6M; Other Numbers First Post. Gokira has been threadbanned.

I haven't had a lot of free time the past couple of days, so I haven't been following what's been going on numbers wise. How are Power Rangers and Life looking for the weekend?

3 minutes ago, aabattery said:

4 real though where are the slamma jamma numbers

Reveal hidden contents

I do know my Derby is going to get slaughtered by Slamma Jamma, though.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Matrix4You said:

some times you accidentally stumble across it and it gets annoying.  and it is usually for films where all the reveals are not in the trailers.  Like Girl on a Train.  Split.  Life. Kong.  Also, some phones do not hide spoilers.

I don't see any problem with having a blanket spoiler-free discussion for weekend threads.

Are you using Tapatalk? Unfortunately, that does not mask spoilers (it's a Tapatalk issue, not a forum issue). If you use a mobile browser to access the site, you should be fine.

1 minute ago, elcaballero said:

I haven't had a lot of free time the past couple of days, so I haven't been following what's been going on numbers wise. How are Power Rangers and Life looking for the weekend?

I do know my Derby is going to get slaughtered by Slamma Jamma, though.

PR is looking like 35-36m 0W from what being said on here.

• Like 1

Thoughts on Life coming in the morning but I will say this: I'll be surprised if it gets word-of-mouth. My audience HATED the ending. Movie's definitely not for the squeamish either.

Edited by filmlover

59 minutes ago, Cookson said:

How the hell does this make more then Kong in previews but not even come close to weekend total?

:wintf:

There isn't one ratio that can be applied to all films for preview grosses. You have to consider the type of film it is and the audience it attracts. Power Rangers was expected to be a fan-driven film and attracts younger audiences compared to Kong, which attracts older audiences (that don't typically "rush out" to the same extent) and which wasn't a clearly established "brand" in the same way that Power Rangers is. Likewise, some films are over-represented in pre-sales due to the fan-driven nature of those films. This is why two films can make around the same amount in preview gross, but have the weekend as a whole play out differently.

Peace,

Mike 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, PDC1987 said:

People are stupid.

You need to understand different films draw different audiences, and as such, each audience has a different criteria for what makes a good movie.

That said, movies are not objectively good or bad. This all depends on your own background and perspective. People aren't stupid; they're just different.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Matrix4You said:

i noticed that on reserved seating, that most Power Rangers theaters are in medium sized theaters

After last weekend's explosive opening, there was no way multiplexes were gonna downgrade Beauty and the Beast from the biggest houses.

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

After last weekend's explosive opening, there was no way multiplexes were gonna downgrade Beauty and the Beast from the biggest houses.

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

same with Life.  it Life does the best it can do, it might top The Shallows.  THe Shallows never had a good screen size.