FlashMaster659

WEEKEND THREAD | Official Weekend Estimates: Beauty and the Beast - 88.3M; Power Rangers - 40.5M; Life - 12.6M; Other Numbers First Post. Gokira has been threadbanned.

1 minute ago, TelemAAchos said:

We can discuss it more. Is it really that much of a problem in not-so-big weekends?

some times you accidentally stumble across it and it gets annoying.  and it is usually for films where all the reveals are not in the trailers.  Like Girl on a Train.  Split.  Life. Kong.  Also, some phones do not hide spoilers.

I remember another poster who doubted Rth and I got into an argument defending him. As if Rth needed to be defended. It was during the Avengers: Age of Ultron OW. As it turns out, it was one of the very rare times Rth was wrong and this poster wouldn't shut up about it. I see the very same poster now being very complimentary towards Rth (which actually sickens me b/c I remember what this guy previously said about Rth), so I wouldn't be too hard on Gokira because he isn't the first to travel down this road. He'll come around.

13 hours ago, Gokira2012 said:

When you have the numbers on your side, argue with the numbers

4 minutes ago, Gokira2012 said:

There are no numbers majority of these people are guessing

When you don't have the numbers on your side, pound the table and yell like hell

2 minutes ago, Gokira2012 said:

No one has numbers

Image result for oh honey gif 

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

So ummmm... Power Rangers is over performing, no?

So far Power Rangers is pretty much on track to be in line with BoxOffice.com's long-term projection, for whatever that's worth.

I am pleasantly surprised at the A CinemaScore and the fact it still has a 7.1 on IMDb after Friday. Obviously that'll fall but I didn't honestly believe it'd get that high in the first place.

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

Those numbers are a lot better than I expected :lol:

Guess I was just being pessimistic

Oh i get what to mean but it's hitting the elected number that was around $40 OW.  Unless something crazy happens tomorrow or Sundsy

1 minute ago, EmpireCity said:

I have no idea why anyone would freak out about Power Rangers numbers.  They are relatively great and $35m opening weekend and $80m domestic is exactly what was expected.  

Wait did PR have a $12M Friday?

Just now, YourMother said:

I mean this in the nicest way, but try not to ask too much for numbers.  When/if I can post something they will be posted.  A lot of times we have numbers but aren't going to post them for various reasons.  

The best I can do is say that RTH is accurate in his range.  

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Wow that's even lower then Deadline had. Deadline said 13.6 as a projection.

Edited by Momo

3 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

I have no idea why anyone would freak out about Power Rangers numbers.  They are relatively great and $35m opening weekend and $80m domestic is exactly what was expected.  

Because Lionsgate/Saban went around mouthing off about a six-film series they wanted to do and got PR fans all excited for it. Any threat to that happening can be seen as a tragedy. There are also those alarmists at Power Rangers forums who believe things like "if the movie isn't a huge hit the show will be cancelled" or "if the movie doesn't do $50 million opening weekend it guarantees no sequel."

that's what PR exactly deserve.........

Liongate shouldn't try too much on these kind of young-adult blockbuster......

Their la la land, hacksaw ridge and hell or high water earned more with lower budget, and even got dozen of oscar or nomination........at least they get industrial respect and highest honour 

Just now, EmpireCity said:

I mean this in the nicest way, but try not to ask too much for numbers.  When/if I can post something they will be posted.  A lot of times we have numbers but aren't going to post them for various reasons.  

The best I can do is say that RTH is accurate in his range.  

Sorry. Sometimes I go a bit overboard. I'll stop if it bothers you.

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

Sorry. Sometimes I go a bit overboard. I'll stop if it bothers you.

You are fine, simply trying to save you some posts.  

This happens often in the morning when I post what I can and then 5 people chime in asking for numbers from the 7th or 8th place films.  

• Like 3

Just now, EmpireCity said:

You are fine, simply trying to save you some posts.  

This happens often in the morning when I post what I can and then 5 people chime in asking for numbers from the 7th or 8th place films.  

4 real though where are the slamma jamma numbers

Spoiler

:ph34r: